.msh Edits (BF2)

Started by Cmd_Smith, June 06, 2015, 05:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can someone help me, or point me to a tut on how to add things to a .msh file? Essentially, what i'm trying to do is get a jetpack to render on a unit model. Do I need to hex edit? Do I need some sort of rendering tool?

You can add a jetpack by using an Addon. I'm not 100% sure how it works in SWBF2 but you can look in the odf of a unit that has a cape and put a jetpack msh in it's place probably. Look around the download section for addon meshes.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

June 07, 2015, 07:04:33 AM #2 Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:47:58 AM by Cmd_Smith
Quote from: Snake on June 06, 2015, 10:07:35 PM
You can add a jetpack by using an Addon. I'm not 100% sure how it works in SWBF2 but you can look in the odf of a unit that has a cape and put a jetpack msh in it's place probably. Look around the download section for addon meshes.

So then is the jetpack on the jettrooper an addon mesh? I ask because it has it's own texture. WHen you render the jettrooper in StarWarsViewer, it is separated from the body.

EDIT: I search downloads; couldn't find an addon mesh. I also searched the ODF files for the Republic, I don't see any of them having addons. There are 'cape' ODF's that say they addon to heavy trooper and sniper, though. But no jetpack.

Quote from: Cmd_Smith on June 07, 2015, 07:04:33 AM
So then is the jetpack on the jettrooper an addon mesh? I ask because it has it's own texture. WHen you render the jettrooper in StarWarsViewer, it is separated from the body.

EDIT: I search downloads; couldn't find an addon mesh. I also searched the ODF files for the Republic, I don't see any of them having addons. There are 'cape' ODF's that say they addon to heavy trooper and sniper, though. But no jetpack.

i think he meant these
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5565
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6289

No, the stock jet troopers have the jetpacks as part of their models, but you can add the jetpack as an addon and it will look the same. I'm not quite sure how to do it in swbf2 though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on June 07, 2015, 02:50:03 PM
No, the stock jet troopers have the jetpacks as part of their models, but you can add the jetpack as an addon and it will look the same. I'm not quite sure how to do it in swbf2 though.

Alright. I can't find an addon mesh for one though :/

Phobos just provided links to some addon meshes in a previous post. Try some of those.  :)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on June 07, 2015, 02:53:13 PM
Phobos just provided links to some addon meshes in a previous post. Try some of those.  :)

Whoops, didnt see that.

The ones at http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5565 look like they're for BF1. Will they work in 2?

I still don't have a way to munge on my pc (64 bit). Anyone willing to help?

Quote from: Cmd_Smith on June 07, 2015, 04:04:38 PM
I saw that, but thats for BF1 tools.

You should try it.  SWBF2 and SWBF1 are more alike than different.  It if works, let us know.  If it doesn't, let us know.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on June 07, 2015, 04:06:17 PM
You should try it.  SWBF2 and SWBF1 are more alike than different.  It if works, let us know.  If it doesn't, let us know.

There's nowhere to type it in at.

Does anyone know if BF2's munge accepts/works with batch commands like the first one? If so, then shouldn't there be a way to add that command in to run automatically? I could be all wet about how the command works (as I never actually used the fix myself) but it's worth looking into if the command can run before the munger starts.
photobucket limit image removed

Check over on Gametoast.  There is no way that it won't work somehow.

You can also try to run the mod tools in compatibility mode.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I copied this code fromt he BF1 64-bit munge file and pasted into a new batch file for BF2:

@set path=C:/windows/system32/
cd _build
@call munge.bat
cd ..

if EXIST MungeLog.txt Notepad.exe Mungelog.txt

Echo Done Munging, Potential errors can be found in Mungelog.txt
PAUSE

I think that did the trick. When I ran it, it went through everything... and took FOREVER. When it was done, my file ended up crashing the game..