Server list only loads 73%

Started by Midsagital, November 11, 2014, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Why won't the server list load more then 73%? It either loads to 65% 71% or 73% Either way I can't see all the servers even after I refreshed rebooted and restarted modem.. Anyone know a fix?

I'm assuming you've hit the Cancel button when the load freezes, right? Usually the normal way to fix the problem- You should be brought to a full* server list after hitting Cancel.

*If it's not full, then try playing with the online options in the game. "Search all Regions", etc. If that still doesn't work, then I'm sure Google may be able to help, or just somebody else besides me around here. I'm sure all of us have had server problems at some point.

EDIT: AND, you do have the GameMaster fix installed, correct?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Sometimes the server can get busy or be bugged too.
Hopefully it's just a 1-2 day thing. (At least they don't hang at 0% :P )

yes I have gamemaster installed I can see the majority of the servers just not all servers I believe repcom is correct il give it a day

Quote from: Midsagital on November 11, 2014, 05:07:12 PM
Why won't the server list load more then 73%? It either loads to 65% 71% or 73% Either way I can't see all the servers even after I refreshed rebooted and restarted modem.. Anyone know a fix?
its possibly because you are currently banned from ~25% of the servers which are hosted by [FC] and {UEF}. to discuss this issue further please to xfire.

Quote from: Phobos on November 12, 2014, 10:58:44 AM
its possibly because you are currently banned from ~25% of the servers which are hosted by [FC] and {UEF}. to discuss this issue further please to xfire.
Looooool

The percentage has a direct relation with the number of servers on line, for example when Rahe closed all his servers but one of them, percentage got lower
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Phobos on November 12, 2014, 10:58:44 AM

alright well i sent a request whenever you get a chance

Quote from: Anyder on November 12, 2014, 11:27:05 AM
Looooool

The percentage has a direct relation with the number of servers on line, for example when Rahe closed all his servers but one of them, percentage got lower
Right, the server loading percentage doesn't have to do with what servers you are locked out of or cannot see.
It's the percentage of the servers on the master server's list of servers for the game to display (all of them).

However Rep, it still is trying to show the servers he's locked out of because they are a part of the full list. If it can't gather that data for him, then it will freeze before 100%
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

you could just disable the percentage screen entirely by modding the shell LUA
not sure if that would fix the 0% hang bug

It sounds like someone needs to make an array larger  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on November 12, 2014, 02:54:48 PM
It sounds like someone needs to make an array larger  ;)
not sure what you mean or which posts you were referring to

Quote from: Phobos on November 12, 2014, 02:54:25 PM
you could just disable the percentage screen entirely by modding the shell LUA
not sure if that would fix the 0% hang bug
thats a possibility can you also make the multiplayer button go straight to the lobby?

Quote from: Kish on November 12, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
thats a possibility can you also make the multiplayer button go straight to the lobby?

Going straight to the lobby, in reference of how fast you are sent to the lobby, would really be dependent on your internet. If you removed the percentage screen, then you might be sitting on what seems like a frozen screen for a few moments, waiting for it to gather the server data.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 12, 2014, 03:40:31 PM
Going straight to the lobby, in reference of how fast you are sent to the lobby, would really be dependent on your internet. If you removed the percentage screen, then you might be sitting on what seems like a frozen screen for a few moments, waiting for it to gather the server data.
you misunderstand me, I was wondering if, by modifying she'll, you could skip the lan/internet/dc screen and the gamespy log in screen all together, and go from the starting menu with singleplayer/multiplayer and go directly to the loaded list of servers

sorry my question is semi-off topic 

Quote from: Kish on November 12, 2014, 03:43:53 PM
you misunderstand me, I was wondering if, by modifying she'll, you could skip the lan/internet/dc screen and the gamespy log in screen all together, and go from the starting menu with singleplayer/multiplayer and go directly to the loaded list of servers

sorry my question is semi-off topic

Oh, right I did misunderstand you. More than likely you should be able to remove those options, but I'd probably recommend leaving the LAN/DC/Internet switch. Never know when we might have to fall back onto Tunngle or GameRanger, even DC nights.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper