Looking for "cheap" xbox & SWBFI/II

Started by Kit Fisto, November 18, 2012, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
/jokepost Gamestop hires out thugs now days, and at those prices. Well why aren't we all shopping for thugs at Gamestop.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 23, 2012, 03:26:39 PM
quite a deal for all the thugs I got!

Whoops!! Stupid auto correct iPod! :rofl: ima leave it just because! LOL!!

I'm not going to lie, that's a lot of money spent to play a few games on the ps2... since all of them are on PC.

But if local splitscreen is important to you, a console is the way to go. Have fun with your early Christmas present!

#TYBG

It's not just about playing split screen it is about way more than that. Do you want me to go in more detail?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 23, 2012, 06:37:03 PM
It's not just about playing split screen it is about way more than that. Do you want me to go in more detail?

Aside from split screen and being a DVD player I don't know.

So sure, what are your reasons?

#TYBG

Ok lemme start.
So the reason I want SWBF1/2 for the PS2 over the PC/Mac versions is because I think playing SWBF with someone is way more fun than singleplayer. In fact I have the most fun playing SWBF with my friends/family members. ( When they are in the same room as me :) ) Now one of my computers will very soon be out of commission and that would prevent any online play brother and Gameranger alike. Plus my Dad is determined to "switch" over to iPads in the next year and SWBF can't very well run on a tablet. ( yet :P ) plus, although this isn't nearly the main reason, is that Lag will be no more playing off line OR split screen.  So we got that part out of the way, now onto the other main matter. I know that SWBF mods/ maps downloads have affected my life. All the searching and posts ( note the "this man has no life" :D ) My social/family life. In negative ways. So getting SWBF1 & 2 for consoles forces me to be unable to play mods/ maps and just enjoy the game and in the long run, help me to leave it. That part is kinda complicated but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. So yea. That's why.

If memory serves me right, teancum managed to get custom maps working on the Xbox version of swbf2. With some console hacking, I'm sure you can be able to play custom maps like in the pc version. :)

#TYBG

Yes but I would rather not destroy my PS2. Besides I recall him saying he had gone through 3 or 4 Xbox-es to get the mod on correctly.  ;)

The method to mod xboxes now are harmless! No more need to open up the console. :)
Same on the PS2 side.

Regardless, enjoy the ps2.

#TYBG

Well since you know so much how would I get Tatooine: Jabba and Rends Coruscant: City and Streets maps into my PS2 game? WITHOUT even the slightest danger of breaking it or my game?  :)

Depends on how new your PS2 console is. I have searched and haven't been able to find a way to let me mod the latest model harmlessly. Seriously if you know a way aeria let me know how to do it. I would mod SWBF and possibly SWBFII on the PS2 in a pinch.

Awww yea!!!!!! My PS2 came today!! Me and my brother hooked it up and played it for a long time! So much SWBF fun! Once the component cable and memory card gets to my house it will be time for a party!!! :cheer: Thanks for all who helped me on getting info on this stuff, it was well worth it!

Now I just have to say this, GameStop is awesome! All the products I got were used ( except for the ps2 which was refurbished ) and it all looks like new! No scratches/smudges on the game disks and the controllers are all working great! I recommend getting stuff from GameStop, they have impressed me! 8)

:cheers: cheers to me and my little brothers long days ahead of SWBF! :cheers:      :happy:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 19, 2012, 09:38:19 AM
Ok! And yay!  :cheer: I just checked the TV's in my house and they both have those 3 sockets!  :cheer:
Thanks for your help guys.  8)
Now I just have to wait for Christmas... :nervous:

Oh and how much will tax and shipping add to $90.95? It's all coming from GameStop online.

Possibly around $12-15. When I bought my PSP (Birth By Sleep edition), there was a $12 tax. So throw in some standard shipping I would say you are looking at a grand total of roughly $107 or so.