Looking for "cheap" xbox & SWBFI/II

Started by Kit Fisto, November 18, 2012, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 02:09:14 PM
If you can find one cheaper than this one: http://www.jjgames.com/product/654
Not from ebay. From a reliable site, then I'll give that link to my dad.
20 euros? What's that in dollars? :slap: Yea I'm to lazy to look it up. :P

Ebay IS a reliable site. I purchase items there regularly. The reputation system keeps sellers in line and prevents them from selling lemons. Find a seller who has a solid reputation and buy with confidence!

Amazon sells for ~10 dollars cheaper used condition
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000TLU67W/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1353276670&sr=8-1&keywords=ps2+slim&condition=used
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000TYQL1O/ref=sr_1_5_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1353276670&sr=8-5&keywords=ps2+slim&condition=used

#TYBG

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 02:09:14 PM
If you can find one cheaper than this one: http://www.jjgames.com/product/654
Not from ebay. From a reliable site, then I'll give that link to my dad.
20 euros? What's that in dollars? :slap: Yea I'm to lazy to look it up. :P

Consider that euros are 2x the USD/CND, so 20 euros would be the equivalent of $40 USD/CND approximately. :P

Quote from: Roxas on November 18, 2012, 02:11:15 PM
From my experience, the PS2 gameplay of SWBF1 and 2 were not as good as their xbox counterparts. Look at it this way (besides SW games), if you want more shooting games, get the xbox. If you want more adventure and fighting games, get the PS2.
Also, amazon has the games for really cheap. You could get a copy of Battlefront 1 for about $5.

This. The ps2 had good fighting games too!

#TYBG

I do not want any other games besides SWBFI and II. I am NOT a "gamer" and I don't play and don't want to play any other games besides SWBF. That's the reason I'm wanting a PS2/xbox instead of a PS63 and an xbox794.  :P

And isn't the gameplay all the same? ??? Just minor tweaks to help with compatiblility with the console?

November 18, 2012, 02:16:25 PM #19 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:18:32 PM by aeria.
Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 02:14:53 PM
I do not want any other games besides SWBFI and II. I am NOT a "gamer" and I don't play and don't want to play any other games besides SWBF. That's the reason I'm wanting a PS2/xbox instead of a PS63 and an xbox794.  :P

And isn't the gameplay all the same? ??? Just minor tweaks to help with compatiblility with the console?

The graphics are better on the xbox and the framerate's a little bit more stable.

#TYBG

November 18, 2012, 02:16:52 PM #20 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:18:24 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man

The gameplay is all the same, it's just that the graphics on PS2 are more dumbed down than the Xbox version. Personally, I find an Xbox controller is easier to use for both SWBFs than a PS2 controller.

The AI on the xbox were way better.

Quote from: aeria. on November 18, 2012, 02:16:25 PM
The graphics are better on the xbox.
Now lets be realistic guys. I play SWBF on a Mac on an Intel GMA 950 Graphics card. I KNOW bad graphics. The PS2 looks GREAT compared to my Mac graphics.  :rofl: Hell I had to create THIS so that it would run better on my mac!  :XD:

AI better you say? Like how...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 02:20:04 PM
Now lets be realistic guys. I play SWBF on a Mac on an Intel GMA 950 Graphics card. I KNOW bad graphics. The PS2 looks GREAT compared to my Mac graphics.  :rofl: Hell I had to create THIS so that it would run better on my mac!  :XD:

Well, I'm no whiz with a PS2, but when I played SWBF2 with a friend on his PS2, I was so bad yet I still got a good KDR. Whereas me being actually good on an Xbox controller, played both SWBFs on there, and it was tough for me to get a steady KDR.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 02:20:04 PM

Well, for one they aren't dumb. I can't really say straight up since it's been.....I don't even know how long since I've played on a console version of SWBF. But I definitely enjoyed the games much more than the PS2 version. It's like the game producers made the game for Xbox, then said "Hey, let's slap together a quick port for the PS2."

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 18, 2012, 02:22:10 PM
Well, I'm no whiz with a PS2, but when I played SWBF2 with a friend on his PS2, I was so bad yet I still got a good KDR. Whereas me being actually good on an Xbox controller, played both SWBFs on there, and it was tough for me to get a steady KDR.
I actually played SWBF first on a PS2 with my friend and after, how long was that, like 9 years? I might be able to pick up the controller again and do good!  :) I'm not that concerened about destroying the AI that bad, I just want to have fun with the game.  ;)

About the AI? I think it will be ok, I'll just play on Hard, which is probably the PC's version of Medium. ( Which is what I play on )
8)

Quote from: Roxas on November 18, 2012, 02:24:06 PM
Well, for one they aren't dumb. I can't really say straight up since it's been.....I don't even know how long since I've played on a console version of SWBF. But I definitely enjoyed the games much more than the PS2 version. It's like the game producers made the game for Xbox, then said "Hey, let's slap together a quick port for the PS2."

Most games were made on the xbox and then ported to the ps2. To this day it's still the same way. Games are made on the xbox 360 and then ported to the ps3 and pc.

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on November 18, 2012, 01:49:41 PM
That is false!
I personally used one of my flash drives for storage temporarily and you don't need an additional adapter to play online. Apparently someone told you the wrong information.
You need an adapter if you plan on playing through WiFi, which I wouldn't recommend in the first place.

Key word: temporarily.
If you want to store a game on your Xbox (so as to reduce physical whirring), you'll need hard drive space.  I don't know anything about other, previous versions of the Xbox, but I do know that the 4GB slim, for example, does not have enough space on which to install a video game.

And yeah, it must've been Wi-Fi: my bro didn't have an Ethernet port available, apparently. 

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 18, 2012, 02:43:46 PM
Key word: temporarily.
If you want to store a game on your Xbox (so as to reduce physical whirring), you'll need hard drive space.  I don't know anything about other, previous versions of the Xbox, but I do know that the 4GB slim, for example, does not have enough space on which to install a video game.

And yeah, it must've been Wi-Fi: my bro didn't have an Ethernet port available, apparently. 

My flash drive is a 32 GB, which should be capable of holding 3-4 games. I got myself a 250 GB just because I had the money at the time to buy one. Otherwise I'd keep using the flash drive. :P

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on November 18, 2012, 03:32:45 PM
My flash drive is a 32 GB, which should be capable of holding 3-4 games. I got myself a 250 GB just because I had the money at the time to buy one. Otherwise I'd keep using the flash drive. :P

Hmmm, it allowed you to use all 32 GB?  Nice.

I used to use an external hard drive (125 GB?) and it only was like 9 GB of usable memory.

But I picked up a 250 GB HD for like fifty dollars, so it's all good. :D