Looking for "cheap" xbox & SWBFI/II

Started by Kit Fisto, November 18, 2012, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I managed to make a deal with my parents and they are letting me purchase an old original xbox and the SWBFI and II games for the xbox. Now I need your help in finding the lowest prices, but the greatest quality for the products specified above ( greatest for a used product of course ). If any of you know of any honest and good quality products sites please give me a link! Thank you! :cheers:

<a href="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=XBOX+EBAY">Whoa man, whoa.</a>

Haven't you got some kind of local game shop where they sell second hand consoles etc?
The internet is always the answer, you might have to look around in the real world for the best offer.

November 18, 2012, 01:18:55 PM #2 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:09:35 PM by Kit Fisto
Hold up, now I'm leaning toward a PS2. It is a cheaper console, and cheaper SWBFI and II games.
I have this for the PS2 console: http://www.jjgames.com/product/654
This for the SWBFI game: http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/star-wars-battlefront/32865
This for the SWBFII game: http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/38695
and I still need to find a cheap controller.
Any suggestions?

I'd suggest getting an xbox over a ps2 if you plan on playing SWBF I and II because the graphics were better on the xbox than on the ps2 for both games.

It's better if you hit up your local gamestop and buy a used xbox 360 for ~120. In the long run it'll play current gen games (this gen is going to last until ~2015 anyway) and it'll play xbox 1 games. You're missing out on a lot of great games that are on the xbox 360!

#TYBG

November 18, 2012, 01:38:45 PM #5 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:41:16 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: aeria. on November 18, 2012, 01:29:03 PM
I'd suggest getting an xbox over a ps2 if you plan on playing SWBF I and II because the graphics were better on the xbox than on the ps2 for both games.

It's better if you hit up your local gamestop and buy a used xbox 360 for ~120. In the long run it'll play current gen games (this gen is going to last until ~2015 anyway) and it'll play xbox 1 games. You're missing out on a lot of great games that are on the xbox 360!

Yeah, the original Xbox 360 (read: not the slim version) will be fine provided that (a) it has hard drive space and (b) you don't plan on playing Xbox LIVE because I think (I've never had anything but slim) you would need an additional adapter.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on November 18, 2012, 01:13:46 PM
<a href="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=XBOX+EBAY">Whoa man, whoa.</a>

Even better search: http://bit.ly/Wfn3Cg

Quote from: aeria. on November 18, 2012, 01:29:03 PM

The thing is that I'm not really a "gamer." I really only want to get the PS2 or xbox to play SWBFI and II with my little brother and/or his/my friends. IF I were to get other games they would be Star Wars games. Nothing else. And since all the "new" Star Wars games are crap I wouldn't mind not getting a 360.
AND the most SERIOUS reason to get a PS2, I can play with Tirpider!  :cheer: lol, So taking newer games out of the question and putting price as the main concern is the PS2 the best?
Oh and my dad won't get anything from ebay. Sorry.  :shrug:

November 18, 2012, 01:49:41 PM #7 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:00:10 PM by aeria.
Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 18, 2012, 01:38:45 PM
Yeah, the original Xbox 360 (read: not the slim version) will be fine provided that (a) it has hard drive space and (b) you don't plan on playing Xbox LIVE because I think (I've never had anything but slim) you would need an additional adapter.

That is false!
I personally used one of my flash drives for storage temporarily and you don't need an additional adapter to play online. Apparently someone told you the wrong information.
You need an adapter if you plan on playing through WiFi, which I wouldn't recommend in the first place.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 01:48:48 PM
The thing is that I'm not really a "gamer." I really only want to get the PS2 or xbox to play SWBFI and II with my little brother and/or his/my friends. IF I were to get other games they would be Star Wars games. Nothing else. And since all the "new" Star Wars games are crap I wouldn't mind not getting a 360.
AND the most SERIOUS reason to get a PS2, I can play with Tirpider!  :cheer: lol, So taking newer games out of the question and putting price as the main concern is the PS2 the best?
Oh and my dad won't get anything from ebay. Sorry.  :shrug:

If you feel the need for playing with Tirpider, by all means get the PS2. The graphics aren't as good but the gameplay is still the same.

While I'd still recommend getting a console that isn't over 12 years old, it's the cheaper option if you feel that SWBF is the only game you want to play. However I'll warn you ahead of time that the PS2 controller is VERY different from the mouse and keyboard. Once I got used to playing FPS games on the computer it took me very, very long to get used to the controller again. There WILL be a learning curve because your movement won't be as precise.

As for the whole "play with friends" thing, I'd expect your friends to be playing more modern games by this point but it should still be fun. I'd rather play Halo 4 with my friends but everyone has their preferred games.

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on November 18, 2012, 01:49:41 PM
That is false!
I personally used one of my flash drives for storage temporarily and you don't need an additional adapter to play online. Apparently someone told you the wrong information.
You need an adapter if you plan on playing through WiFi, which I wouldn't recommend in the first place.
Actually take online playing out of the question, cause that would bog down my Wi-Fi. So yea sorry tirpider.  :'(

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 01:48:48 PM
AND the most SERIOUS reason to get a PS2, I can play with Tirpider!  :cheer: l

Don't count on that.  You need a patch which is no longer available.  And, I suspect PS2 servers will be shut down soon too.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 01:50:32 PM
Actually take online playing out of the question, cause that would bog down my Wi-Fi. So yea sorry tirpider.  :'(
;)
I'm ahead of you!  :P

I just want a gamesystem that is
#1 Cheap
#2 Cheap controllers
#3 Cheap SWBFI and II games.

ALL for good quality. WITHOUT online support.

Now the PS2 is winning on that front.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 18, 2012, 01:38:45 PM
Even better search: http://bit.ly/Wfn3Cg
Mad internet skills.

PS2 Slim was a fine piece of kit. You could probably find one of those for less than £20 nower days.

November 18, 2012, 02:05:02 PM #12 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:08:19 PM by aeria.
Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2012, 01:59:16 PM
;)
I'm ahead of you!  :P

I just want a gamesystem that is
#1 Cheap
#2 Cheap controllers
#3 Cheap SWBFI and II games.

ALL for good quality. WITHOUT online support.

Now the PS2 is winning on that front.

The PS2 has a lot of fun classic games so if you're playing offline, it's still a good choice. As far as I'm aware, the only games that are still being made for the system are FIFA games because the PS2 is still popular in third world countries where the average household can't afford the PS3 or xbox 360.

If you're going to stand by not playing anything but SWBF, the lack of newer games shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You can get a refurbished slim at ~60 last time I was in gamestop.

Finding copies of SWBF I&II will be a bit difficult because it's whether your local gamestop will have it or not. I'd suggest getting those online.

#TYBG

Quote from: UNIT 33 on November 18, 2012, 02:01:19 PM
PS2 Slim was a fine piece of kit. You could probably find one of those for less than £20 nower days.
If you can find one cheaper than this one: http://www.jjgames.com/product/654
Not from ebay. From a reliable site, then I'll give that link to my dad.
20 euros? What's that in dollars? :slap: Yea I'm to lazy to look it up. :P

From my experience, the PS2 gameplay of SWBF1 and 2 were not as good as their xbox counterparts. Look at it this way (besides SW games), if you want more shooting games, get the xbox. If you want more adventure and fighting games, get the PS2.
Also, amazon has the games for really cheap. You could get a copy of Battlefront 1 for about $5.