Zombie Mod Ideas

Started by Breakdown, April 12, 2009, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
For the scenery, I think you should use stuff like the forests on Yavin: Temple. The mist and fog would help set the scene.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Aw man! For some great reason, the map will refuse to load my mission file, even though I've tried with 3 other different projects, and the only thing I changed was overwriting the republic odf's with the zombie ones and changing the lua so it calls for the rep.lvl thats inside the mod. :(

As in ZeroEditor? What exactly does it say?

Did you delete the old files out of the REP folder? Perhaps there was a reference you missed.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

April 18, 2009, 08:14:22 PM #48 Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:31:14 AM by breakdown

There, have a peak.

For now it's a sides mod, I will add the map later in production.

No need to muck around with making barricades a Command Post or Vehicle.

Two logical ClassLabels that can be used for a destructable building (not prop, but prop variants exist).

animatedbuilding- use this for a building you want to have an animated death (ie collapsing tower)
destructablebuilding- Self explanatory.

The idea of making the barricades buildable like the turrets is good, just compensate for it with larger hordes.

BTW, run the game with the debug exe, then post the log and also post any munge errors.  It could be a simple missed bracket or quotation in the LUA code that messes up the mission.lua which of course messes up the mission.lvl.

Pretty good looking skin.

I believe that Thomas had some skins of more skull-oriented zombies. You could ask him for some (zombies should be easily distinguishable)
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

I'm trying to go for more of the "infected with a maneating virus" rather than an animated corpse. Sort of like 28 Weeks Later, with the rage virus, or even the Zombie design in L4D. So, technically, these aren't zombies, but i guess that's just a good name to generalize them. This also means that the zombies will be able to run fast or really slow. ;)

Does this virus prohibit the use of firearms and hand explosives?

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "breakdown"I'm trying to go for more of the "infected with a maneating virus" rather than an animated corpse. Sort of like 28 Weeks Later, with the rage virus, or even the Zombie design in L4D. So, technically, these aren't zombies, but i guess that's just a good name to generalize them. This also means that the zombies will be able to run fast or really slow. ;)

well yeah, but if we go by the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, zombiedom (or whatever it was called) IS a virus, but it basically shuts down your process that would normally keep you from decaying. So while a virus, you can still ahve skele-zombies walking around.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

May 03, 2010, 02:20:48 PM #54 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:35:30 PM by ag
That would be so cool because I thought I would make a nazi zombie map you run like your in a glitch and your like a jedi but look like a zombie or be a American soldier and fight off the zombie horde but the zombies get infinite guys and the soldiers get 200 guys.It's going to be awesome!

May 03, 2010, 02:22:29 PM #55 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:35:20 PM by ag
[spoiler]sorry I ment cool on my last post
[/spoiler]
Please refrain from double posting, please use the Modify Button if you wish to edit a previous post. --AG