Zombie Mod Ideas

Started by Breakdown, April 12, 2009, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Units. I'll just use a slightly modified Naboo theed or something for the map

Ok! You all have a day to get in your suggestions! I will request this to be locked and go into hiding to make the mod itself and come back when it is roughly halfway finished! :)

Good luck with your mod breakdown, remember melee is locked at 1000 damage, so for multi hit kills set unit health to 1000+.

@Unit33: They banned you because you pretty much admitted to warez.  There is no legal "no-disc/digital only" version of the game. So its not a matter of "rudeness" just pure and simple legalities.  Warez is a no-go do not discuss where to get it, do not admit to it at all topic.  If you have illegal copies/warez fine, just don't say anything about it, that's your business, no-one else need know, but don't expect help or ask for help if something goes wrong with it.  Just explaining how it is on legit sites.

To moderators and admins: Sorry if that counts as jr moderating, but his "rude" bit got to me.

I'll try to remember that VF :) Thanks

Ok! I'm done the Zombie layouts, pretty much at least. Now on to the human side..hmm

(points to my suggestions).

A cool zombie killer would be the solid laser beam from the spider droid on geonosis. I know someone's done it before, so it is possible. Maybe a chaingun or something based on the RLR model. I thinks that the zurvivors should be the rebels and should have limited ammo. Maybe a grenade chucker like the imperial model or something all your own? The DN bolt caster would also be effective. Multiple zombie-frying ability. If you do use the shotguns or chainguns, try to cut down on the kickback for them. One chaingun would spin out of control after half a second.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

So we're final the human side will be rebels?

Yeah, I think all the defenders should have fusion cutters, because of their high importance
to maintain the defence perimeter. The weapons well I agree with El Chupacabra,
although ggctuk's chain-gun is an idea, it worked perfectly in his mod.

The rebels side will be a breeze to complete, as I have done most of the custom weapons I have planned for them in past modding projects.

So, the chaingun, flamethrower, and shotgun, are all ready to roll. I'm done the lay outs, I just need to do some more tweaking and then I will be completed with the side layouts..then I can start building them all..lol

As ammo is a large factor, I think you could either have only one ammo droid somewhere hard to access
or ammo canisters littered around the map, so conserving ammo becomes a great priority.

Oh, I like your idea! In order to get ammo, you have to leave your little hide out and run like crazy through a horde of zombies to get to an ammo machine! Fun :) I want as much community influence on this as possible!

It sounds wonderful !
Do you think you could have GCW and a CW mode so you can play as the Republic
or the Rebels,  just have the same weapons...?
Yes the ammo droid should be some where really hard to get to,
it would stop the player from 'camping'.
I think the zombies should have multiple spawn points so the zombies don't 'bottle-neck', which makes them far too easy to kill.
The player has to alert from attack from all angles!

EDIT: Would this actually work on single player? Or is this going to be steered toward online play?
I'd like it if were compatible both ways.

Of course it will be for both, I try my best to make mods compatible in all modes of play, so it can be enjoyed however you want!

I'll probably only stick to rebels, as having a republic side with the same weapons but different skins and whatnot would just inflate the size of the project unreasonably.

And also the Republic and Empire have much larger star fleets and resource pools. I'm glad to see how this is shaping up.
Mostly because a few of my ideas made it into the final.

Are you making a new map for it or basing it on an existing one?

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "breakdown"Lol, man El Chupacabra, you have some of the best quotes!

I like your suggestions, I can try to impliment some of them :(

i only read the first page of this,

but you can make a short range gun that fires invisible bullets and uses the lightsaber animation, fixing the damage problem because you can edit cannon damage

For barricades I have two ideas:

1. CP, make the barricades like the Shield Generator or Endor Bunker. Downside is it could make too many CPs for the survivor side

2. Vehicle, make it so that the speed for it is 0.000000000001, no weapons, and looks like, well, a barricade. Only problem is if bots try to enter it.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

you can make it 0 if you dont want it to move, and theres an odf property for the vehicle thing

I know what I am doing for the barricade already. Buildable walls, likely.