Windows validation components?

Started by Jamman, August 21, 2010, 04:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey. I was going to try and run Zero Editor (swbf), on Win7. That program doesnt work i guess on Win7, so i figured I would try Xp Mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Now, before my installation, im getting this pop-up,

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/41544466.png/

im not a computer know it all, so if someone could tell me if this is a download? maybe give me a link? All help is appreciated.

is your copy of windows 7 legit?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Basically Mircosoft makes it a pain to download any of their software. You need to validate to them that you are a legitimate Windows 7 owner before you can download Virtual PC. Allow Microsoft to do the whole validation thing it wants to do.

#TYBG

August 21, 2010, 05:04:09 PM #3 Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:11:23 PM by Led Zeppelin > God
in other words....your OS isnt legit lol

**edit**

i decided to be productive...

most of the time windows asks you for a product key to enter. this *activates* your copy of windows 7.

Ag, how do I allow them to do their whole process? Is there some download? It has to be legit, i mean i didnt buy it on the street or anything.

When installing the Win7, I went through the whole process.

Quote from: Led Zeppelin > God on August 21, 2010, 05:04:09 PM
in other words....your OS isnt legit lol

**edit**

i decided to be productive...

most of the time windows asks you for a product key to enter. this *activates* your copy of windows 7.

I never said that, Soap. To assume automatically his copy is illegitimate is a bit rude. Most people activate Windows during the install so don't assume that he didn't enter in his keycode, either. Microsoft will want you to install software to check if your copy is legal because Microsoft like to burden their customers with measures that do not work. With that said, just go along with whatever the website says.

Basically just follow the pop-up's instructions, then it'll let you download without interruptions. They've changed the process a bit since the last time I've downloaded anything from Microsoft so I can't provide directions step by step.

If you're stuck somewhere, just report back here.

#TYBG

Did you enter the product key written on the box?

August 22, 2010, 12:38:58 PM #7 Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:41:40 PM by ag
Quote from: Jamman on August 21, 2010, 06:08:30 PM
When installing the Win7, I went through the whole process.

Soap, he most likely entered the product key in/it was done for him long ago. He didn't get an illegal copy of Windows 7 so he should be fine.

Whenever that pop-up comes up, you have to click continue and it will most likely install some component in the computer for Microsoft to validate your copy. Do what they ask, then from there Microsoft's website will allow you to download whatever they need.

#TYBG