Building a computer

Started by Rexy, July 05, 2010, 09:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, it is.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

GPU=Graphics processing unit=Graphics card :)

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quotei kinda need a list of the materials needed.
List of materials you need:
1. Case
2. CPU
3. GPU
4. Power Supply
5. Hard Drive
6. DVD Drive
7. Ask Red :P

Quote from: Jon415 on July 07, 2010, 05:31:10 PM
List of materials you need:
1. Case
2. CPU
3. GPU
4. Power Supply
5. Hard Drive
6. DVD Drive
7. Ask Red :P

8. RAM
9. Motherboard
10. NIC card
11. sound card
12. ask red again

SORRY DOUBLE POST.

Split topic. Please try to stay at least somewhat on topic.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

July 07, 2010, 06:24:17 PM #36 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:29:44 PM by Soap Mactavish
Quote from: WusiSs.Rexy on July 05, 2010, 09:13:17 PM
btw: What is overclocking?

ok back on topic.

overclocking refers to a Processor that is running at a speed higher than what it was designed for or specified when you computer was sent to you. What some people will do is purchase low end stuff to go in their comps then they will overclock them.

when overclocking you may wanna look out for Cooling and making sure it stills run like it should.

I dont see what the modding thing would do to help lol
Everyone here says Red would be the most helpful here so maybe we could lock this until Red gets back so he can help me better? No offense to everyone else but you guys said Red would be the most helpful lol ;P

I will keep searching for a friend that will. Red will be back to help you soon.

No need to lock, we'll just give you our best advice and then when red comes back he can help you further.

Nicee. Rex, do you still want our best advice till red comes back? I can steer mine away from modding swbf1 in seconds knowing you response.

ok heres the low down.

1.Quad core CPU

2.great GPU

3.at least 4GB of RAM

4.and everything else

there ya go

That is correct soap has a good line on the parts needed. I tend to side on color and theme of a case and parts. I like flash and mirrors in a case. Rex, what do you like?

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on July 07, 2010, 10:04:01 PM
ok heres the low down.

1.Quad core CPU

2.great GPU

3.at least 4GB of RAM

4.and everything else

there ya go

OS. Never forget operating system. Adds at least $100 dollars to your computer, possibly $200. Go with win7
Oh yea and you need a motherboard. And a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, unless you already have.

In actuality I'm sure there are several more components but I'm just naming the popular ones