Building a computer

Started by Rexy, July 05, 2010, 09:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not necessary, but how much money does he have to spend on the pc he talks about. I remeber 1000. for that processor alone. Rex, Do you want to spend all the money needed to build the pc you talk about?

he doesnt, its only 1000$ because the processor he wants is....ridiculously fast.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

lol I have the money to buy it ;P

well if you plan on paying a thousand dollars on just 1 component in your computer i fear what you overall cost is going to be.

If you have that much money you should spend it on us instead of on a computer you will use 5% of running Crysis :P

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

true that jedi. My computer can run crysis on medium and my mac is no where near what rex's "expectations" are.

Quote from: WusiSs.Rexy on July 06, 2010, 06:15:01 PM
lol I have the money to buy it ;P

u be trollin :P

Very true jedikiller. For some to give an amount of money is easy and for others not so. This conversation could move in a new direction. We can explain to rex the difference between game needs and web site costs.

Sorry cull, we probably need to get back on topic. The fact is that Rex is looking to build a comp :P

Quote from: Meicull on July 06, 2010, 08:57:43 PM
Very true jedikiller. For some to give an amount of money is easy and for others not so. This conversation could move in a new direction. We can explain to rex the difference between game needs and web site costs.

Relevance?? Since when did Rex say he wanted a website?

#TYBG

Just remember, your spending $1000 dolalrs on a processor for a computer that you are building yourself. Just a little static at the wrong time will kill your uber-processor. So you can either buy a six core comp from another site or you can
not screw up!!!!!!.

Correct. Try taking apart a simple pc and putting it back together again over and over to see how the process works before you try never before attempted methods.

Quote from: Meicull on July 06, 2010, 10:37:39 PM
Correct. Try taking apart a simple pc and putting it back together again over and over to see how the process works before you try never before attempted methods.

The point is that Rex doesnt need a "6-Core" Intel Processor to run a game. Heck! that processor would be redundant in Crysis. You should go with a Quad Core processor and a nice GPU and you will be set to play any games that come now and in the future  ;)

I would suggest spending more money on  a GPU, AMD quad cores are less expensive than core i7 and can deliver the power you need to play any of today's games.

word jon. (bringing back the 80's)

definetly focus on a GPU since games are more and more graphic demanding.

And a GPU is the graphic card?