Dan's Boot and Nuke

Started by Soap Mactavish, June 03, 2010, 06:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Soap Mactavish on June 03, 2010, 07:12:38 PM
atm, I just reconfigured my BIOS to boot from disk so I can go ahead and reformat my hard disc. once I do that ill reinstall XP. and ik how to get to windows 7 from there.

just to reiterate, I can reformat my hard drive and reinstall XP by booting from my XP install disc correct?

Yup. You can (most likely required) to format your harddrive before the actual installation begins.

#TYBG

And make sure you choose the NTFS configuration. It is way more space affective.

ok i went ahead and did the formatting and it went by without a hitch. Now i just have to upgrade the insanely old laptop. lol, 1.7 pentium Ghz processor and 128 MB ram.

Thanks for your help, u can lock this topic.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on June 05, 2010, 01:26:22 PM
ok i went ahead and did the formatting and it went by without a hitch. Now i just have to upgrade the insanely old laptop. lol, 1.7 pentium Ghz processor and 128 MB ram.

Thanks for your help, u can lock this topic.

While I don't know what pentium hardware is that, 1.7 isn't TOO bad. I guess a RAM upgrade would definitely help it run smoother. Good to hear you were able to format it.

--AG

#TYBG

pentium hardware is pretty popular...cant believe u have never heard of it.

Quote from: Red on June 05, 2010, 09:15:41 PM
He said "I don't know what pentium hardware is that," not, "I don't know what pentium is."

He's most likely talking about the pentium model/revision/version/series (probably not talking about the exact model number but more like Pentium III, 4, etc.), not that he doesn't know about the Pentium brand. Even people who don't know much about computers know about the pentium brand-they were all over the TV's when they came out.

Yeah everyone knows what Pentium is XD Most people just won't care.

If it's a Pentium IV, all you really need is a RAM upgrade and it should be usable for low to moderate tasks. If it's something old like a Pentium II, you should consider getting a new laptop instead of wasting money on memory.

With that said, I think this topic has run its course, however no one but JK is allowed to say that phrase...

#TYBG

At 1.7GHz its probably a late model Pentium III or early P4, considering the laptop came with an (at the time) average 128MB RAM.  All the old P2s I have and seen never went above 1.0GHz.  Most P4 mobiles Socket 479 start around 1.7GHz for the laptop variety.  I had an old Inspiron1300 with a CeleronM at 1.4GHz and 256MB RAM, a 1.7GHz P4 was an upgrade option for it at the time.

its a p4 :P

Yeah a RAM upgrade should make it usable for at least Photoshop. I mean 128 RAM is sort of pathetic now.

#TYBG

im just gonna give it to my step-sister, all see does is watch youtube and listen to justin beber.

Quote from: ag on June 06, 2010, 08:59:20 AM
Yeah a RAM upgrade should make it usable for at least Photoshop. I mean 128 RAM is sort of pathetic now.

Sort of pathetic?

It's a disgrace.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD