Graphic Cards

Started by Katarn, April 27, 2010, 05:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering witch graphics card is in general better: Radeon HD 5570 1 GB of ram or: 9800 GTX 1GB of ram?

google it...

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I did, and have found much, but want the advise of the staff or members at mpcgamers!

I was thinking about buying the HD5570 with my new HP, but i dont know which is better.  Are you looking to do more multimedia or just gaming?

Just gaming I suppose, that is interesting that that was the card you wanted to, I thought the HD5570 was much newer; then I looked at this: http://www.hwcompare.com/graphics/compare.php?c=GeForce-9800-GTX-vs-Radeon-HD-5750-1024MB-1GB- . Which one are you going to get??

Try best buy, they and several other retailers have a compare option when buying products. I am not sure if this will give u the info you need, I would look but I am on my phone :l

I go on price and looks when the stats are close. Are the video cards close in performance? Which one looks cooler? Does your motherboard favor a certain maker of video cards? Also, Is for you price a factor?

You do realize that link is to the HD 5750 and not the 5570, right?

Quote from: password on April 27, 2010, 05:35:35 PM
want the advise of the staff or members at mpcgamers!
State your advise if you want. Mine stems from a unique angle, and usually requires information about the person behind the profile and their situation. Also, I like pictures.

Later today I will compose a post that will have all the information you need to give me you advise!

That helps. I am sure you favor one card obove the other, please state why also.

April 28, 2010, 02:48:32 PM #11 Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:23:08 PM by Hardcore
I will tell you guys the truth, I am going to build a computer with this guide: [Link Removed] . I know the ati card may not work because it is not supported there but I wanted to look into a cheat ati card also. I want a graphics card good for gaming! I don't need to do much graphic picture stuff, I just want a cheap(140$ at the most) good card.

u wanna put OSX on a windows machine...

fyi, you are more likely to get viruses on OSX that way. Dont plan on being virus free on that OS. just sayin :/

Thank you, but, I am set in my ways can you offer me any advise on the cards?

P.S. Is the 9800 GTX 1 GB ram good by today's standerd's ?? I mean it is not the latest but good right?

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on April 28, 2010, 03:00:28 PM
u wanna put OSX on a windows machine...

fyi, you are more likely to get viruses on OSX that way. Dont plan on being virus free on that OS. just sayin :/

Since when? Mac OS doesn't get affected by windows viruses... Plus you can't (legally) install OSX on custom hardware.

#TYBG