Looking to buy a new computer....

Started by Jon415, April 20, 2010, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Soap Mactavish on April 24, 2010, 08:32:26 AM
Thats awesome. Windows 7 for 80$

Yeah, just go to a tech store and ask them for the student discount. If they don't have one, go online.

That's the Anytime Upgrade. It's not the full version and if you buy that it will do nothing.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

:(

Well thanks for the heads up i might've actually bought that

will windows 7 work on a dual boot with MAC? i was wondering because it only says XP and Vista on Apple's site.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on April 24, 2010, 07:53:42 PM
will windows 7 work on a dual boot with MAC? i was wondering because it only says XP and Vista on Apple's site.

It should. I don't see why not.

Hello from a Mac that dual boots with Windows 7. :P

#TYBG

April 25, 2010, 06:52:10 AM #39 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:55:32 AM by ag
My mac is capable of running 64-bit so it should work just fine but I installed the 32-bit version because I'm afraid of compatibility issues and I only have 2 GB of RAM. I believe that a 32-bit OS is maxed out at 3-4 GB.

If I remember correctly, Windows 7 comes with both 32 and 64-bit editions. At least one of my copies did.

#TYBG

cool, ill be getting Win7 64-bit soon then.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Ok Red, as much as i would like to buy the computer you posted, I still have a few issues:

Warranty
-If i start biulding my computer and i screw up and a part breaks, warranty is voided and money goes down the drain

OS
-Still very confused about how i am supposed to get win7 running if i manage to build this computer

That is why I let the techs at my computer store get my other pc to a turn key state. Later I just installed reinstalled xp on it by myself, it was as easy as poping in the cd and waiting to read the monitor. And another thing, if the tech messed up a part that I bought from with in thier store they would replace it. I am sure you can find similar priced parts in a computer store near you. Let's go shopping!

Nice that you have choices. See how much each cost and pick what you feel comfortable with. Its cool.

Geez people, stop being so scared of building a computer. If you can use your hands and a screwdriver you're fine. I can see why now so many computers are overpriced.

The only downside I see is that if you ever have a computer problem, you can't send it back to the manufacturer (well, you can, but that would be you). You can always go to a tech place and have em look at it instead. And you shouldn't have any problems if you buy quality stuff.

If you ever played with legos and have plug things to an outlet, then you have done everything that is required to build a computer. There's no dark magic or obscure steps. If you ever have a doubt of where to put what, just google it. If nothing comes up in google, then post a pic here and we'll help you out.

Sorry if this kinda sounds like a rant, but people, stop being so scared of doing things and go for it. It IS wayyy simpler than what you guys are thinking.

You can do it! :D