Looking to buy a new computer....

Started by Jon415, April 20, 2010, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
wouldnt Intel be more compatible with the newer games coming out? ik he said he didnt care but he will in a couple years and gets tired of swbf he will.

Win7 deal?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

April 22, 2010, 05:43:43 PM #16 Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:12:53 PM by Jon415
So the motherboard will come with instructions on how and where to put all of the parts?  And i am also once my computer is assembled, do i just plug it in, plug my monitor in, and put the win7 disk in the dvd drive?
And im assuming all of those parts are compatible (?)

right now if you get the AMD processor that could possibly be a restraint to what you can play, seeing as most games are released for Intel Processors. correct me if i am wrong im not a Pc gamer.

Generally both are supported in games. Intel is more mainstream than AMD, but pretty much everything will work on both platforms.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

im just saying, Intel is more common. Idk, listen to them not me when it comes to hardware :P

Quote from: Jon415 on April 22, 2010, 05:43:43 PM
So the motherboard will come with instructions on how and where to put all of the parts?  And i am also once my computer is assembled, do i just plug it in, plug my monitor in, and put the win7 disk in the dvd drive?
And im assuming all of those parts are compatible (?)

Do you live near by a computer parts store? I was able to talk a local compusa into installing my computer components for free. The labor to install was waved provided I bought the parts in store. You have reds list and can compare to what is in store if you have a good one near by.

there u go! now u dont have to worry about screwing up your computer in the process.

yea, but you need to tack on a extra 200$ minimum to that price for Windows 7.

unless u have an inside deal  ;)

I saw on google products win7 for $70

Quote from: Red on April 23, 2010, 07:57:46 PM
Read up on that guide I posted earlier-it tells you things like how to avoid static discharge when installing your parts (which can completely ruin a processor).

So do you know how much an anit-static bracelet costs?

Most of the rooms in my house are carpeted :( But i guess i could just clean out one of my old rooms and use that, or just use i giant table.. Will touching like a metal bowl that is on the ground count as touching a grounded metal object?

April 23, 2010, 11:07:10 PM #26 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:34:41 PM by Soap Mactavish
buy in windows 7 from a specific store wouldnt really affect your customer support since you will always call microsoft for Windows issues.

(sorry if this is against the rules, but maybe just glance at my issue, it seems to have been ignored)

If you're a K-12 or College student, you can get software discounts on most programs. Windows 7 might come down to like 80ish dollars.

Check if your school district is in the OnTheHub program. They have Win7 Pro for about 70 dollars or so. It's for K12, though. I'm assuming that you're in that age range.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Thats awesome. Windows 7 for 80$