Looking to buy a new computer....

Started by Jon415, April 20, 2010, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Im gonna buy a new computer soon to replace this old mac ive got and ive been looking at This one:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/studio-xps-8100/pd.aspx?refid=studio-xps-8100&s=dhs&cs=19

I'm looking for a computer that is proficient in gaming (can play swbf1&2, CoD 1&2) and enough power so that i wont have to upgrade processor any time soon.
What are your opinions of the computer in the above link? (price range is around $700)

If you only want to play those games, it seems like it could do the job.

If you plan on getting more newer games, with a lot of details on them, you maybe want to have an i7 processor and you will definitely need a better video card.

I'm not really looking to get newer games but my video card can be upgraded later.  Ill get the nVidia gt220 for now and if i need to upgrade in the future i will.

Quote from: Jon415 on April 21, 2010, 07:18:02 AM
Ill get the nVidia gt220 for now and if i need to upgrade in the future i will.
How much will that choice cost you?

Haha. Building your own is always the best deal. But again, if you are seriously considering to buy that one you mentioned, it's not bad. But I do recommend building your own.

maybe this is just me but i wouldnt risk a 70$ savings for the possiblity of messing up my soon to be computer. ill leave the computer manufacturing and engineering to Dell, but thats just me, ive never built a comp b4.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on April 21, 2010, 02:38:33 PM
maybe this is just me but i wouldnt risk a 70$ savings for the possiblity of messing up my soon to be computer. ill leave the computer manufacturing and engineering to Dell, but thats just me, ive never built a comp b4.

Red's specs are wayyyy better than that Dell computer. That's saving far more than $70. ;)

#TYBG

didnt notice, i dont like to read  :whistle:

April 21, 2010, 06:42:28 PM #8 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:51:00 PM by Jon415
So with that processor combo deal i would just put the parts into the case thing?

QuoteProcessor and Case (Combo Deal - it saves monies):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.380901
It didnt say the size pof the cache for the processor..

Also, does this come with windows 7 or anything?

Cool thanks for the links :tu: This computer seems much better than the one that i saw from dell.  I will consider buying this, but i will have to decide because like what soap said i would't want to mess everything up.

Most of it is "plug cable a in port b." You do have to know where things should be located in a normal computer, etc. It's basic stuff, and if you have any questions, we are here for you.

Cool sounds simple enough :D Also looks like a much better choice than the dell.

yo red, anyway i can get in on that Windows 7 deal? My XPS dell rlly hates Vista   ;)

Aren't the new i5 an i7 processors much better than the Core-Duo in Red's suggestion?

they are very expensive.