PC Graphics Cards

Started by Jon415, March 06, 2010, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
One of the Linux operating systems, like Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS (what MPC runs on), Red Hat, etc. They are fairly similar to OSX in terms of look and feel, with the advantage of being free. They do require some technical know-how to do anything with them, however.

Only a few work on PowerPC architecture. Most are Intel-based or AMD-based.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Eh ill just wait till i get my new PC.

lol! jon you take up 3 pages just to say you are gonna wait.

If you are going to get a new mac keep in mind that Intel i7, i5, i3 macbook pros are comin out this summer, so maybe you will wanna wait if you are buying a new one.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Russell on March 19, 2010, 06:19:40 PM
lol! jon you take up 3 pages just to say you are gonna wait.
I agree with a lol. Jon415 is welcome just like all are.

I just found a good PC which seems to have a good graphics card-and russell it also has a core i3, i5, or i7.
Is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 w/ 1GB VRAM a good card?

As Red stated before, the ATI Radeon HD x4xx is horrible for gaming. It's incapable on maintaining a decent framerate in the newest games. Just DON'T GET IT. The 5450 is no exception. It's a waste on money if you want to do gaming. Save up more, get something that won't make you rage. Right now I own a 2600 with 256MB VRAM and it's more capable than the5450 with 1GB. Not kidding.

#TYBG

what about nVida GeForce GT220 with 1024 mb VRAM?

told u jon. NVIDIA is the bomb.

The
Quote from: Jon415 on March 20, 2010, 01:03:09 PM
what about nVida GeForce GT220 with 1024 mb VRAM?

Again, it's a budget card, so don't expect to be running anything on maximum settings that's released after 2007.

#TYBG

So which is better GT220 or HD 5450?

I believe the conclusion is that both suck.

Where are you pulling these from? Are you getting them off one of the manufacturers' websites? If you're just looking to buy a card we can give you several much better options.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

On the dell website-the dell studio xps 8100 personalization-in not gonna spend more than $50 on graphics.

Quote from: Jon415 on March 22, 2010, 07:36:40 PM
On the dell website-the dell studio xps 8100 personalization-in not gonna spend more than $50 on graphics.

Which is why you're running into problems.  85$ dollars minimum to get anything remotely good for gaming.

ATI x7xx, x8xx, x9xx- best for gaming.

nVidia x6xxGT, x8xxGT, GTS/GTX 2xx- best for gaming.

I understand that these cards suck, I just want to know which card is better, even by the smallest margain.
nVidia G310 512mb, the ATI HD5450, or the nVidia GT220.

i think jon will be satisified with the graphics card for swbf. Once he can rack up the money he can get a GPU worthy of MW2 or bc2