PC Graphics Cards

Started by Jon415, March 06, 2010, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Cool. So im guessing that express 16 is good?
And will i be able to upgrade graphics if i get an integrated radeon 3200 instead? because thats showing up as my only graphics option now.

ok-and for some reason the 3450 is no longer in personalization and the price on that computer was raised by $20 :(

Quote from: Jon415 on March 10, 2010, 06:32:04 PM
ok-and for some reason the 3450 is no longer in personalization and the price on that computer was raised by $20 :(

It was that bad of a card. Not kidding.

#TYBG

Well i just found another computer that has that card for the same price, and luckily it has an option of getting an nVida GeForce GTS 240 1024 mb.  Is that any better?

Ill probly end up getting the radeon 3450 and upgrading later.  Anything is better than the current mac i have, which just lost support for gmail and youtube and has horrible meory and only about 5 gb hard disk space left.

hmm losing support for internet sites shouldn't have anything to do with hardware issues, unless u are on a comp incompatible w/ the site (generally an issue w/ your browser and/or plug-ins)

idk if your GPU can handle swbf then it shoul be able to handle youtube or Gmail.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Google is dropping IE6, and anything lower than firefox 3, safari3, and opera 10.  My computer is not powerful enough to download any of those browsers.

Quote from: Jon415 on March 14, 2010, 07:17:45 PM
Google is dropping IE6, and anything lower than firefox 3, safari3, and opera 10.  My computer is not powerful enough to download any of those browsers.

If your computer is not capable of running Firefox 3, then it is seriously too old.

#TYBG

i seriously can't think of a computer that can't run a modern web browser. Even the netbooks can run those.

How old is your computer, anyway? Is it made from dinosaur bones or something? :P

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Mac mini G4-PowerPC
OS 10.3.9 panther
Says Apple computer Imc 1983-2004 so its at least 6 years old probly more.  I think it used to have mac os 9 classic.  I also have an iBook which also has ppc and many similarities to my mac mini with a tad less RAM.
Yes its quite ancient :P

Quote from: Jon415 on March 14, 2010, 09:03:10 PM
Mac mini G4-PowerPC
OS 10.3.9 panther
Says Apple computer Imc 1983-2004 so its at least 6 years old probly more.  I think it used to have mac os 9 classic.  I also have an iBook which also has ppc and many similarities to my mac mini with a tad less RAM.
Yes its quite ancient :P

The G4 and iBook is still capable of running Firefox!

Requirements:
    *  Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 or PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
    * 128 MB RAM (Recommended: 256 MB RAM or greater)
    * 200 MB hard drive space

#TYBG

You missed the OS: 10.4, which he does not have.

He could always grab a Linux distro and install it, but that requires some technical experience :/

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: Jedikiller on March 14, 2010, 09:54:47 PM
You missed the OS: 10.4, which he does not have.

He could always grab a Linux distro and install it, but that requires some technical experience :/

Oh right, my bad.

#TYBG