Need suggestions on an upgrade

Started by Link, November 08, 2009, 01:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i am going to do the math on voldelfs' pc choice. it looks cool.

well, i guess since you dont like mac's im gonna have to suggest a pc.  :sick:

i would recommend a dell above all else. the Studio series or the XPS series are the best.(laptops) I dont have much info's on desktops, i perfer mobility.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Dell is a very nice company in you plan on buying a computer for everyday use, however they aren't decent gaming computers (disregarding their Alienware lineup, which are almost as overpriced as Macs).

#TYBG

The computer I'm trying to replace is actually a dell dimension 4600 with a nvidia gefore 5200 video card and a processor clocked at 2.8 ghz.  Its a great model but the thing is it's 2+ years old and not up to running cod 5.

In a Realm beyond sight,
The sky shines gold not blue,
There, the Triforce's might
Makes mortal dreams come true.

Lol, my PC is nearing four years old and can run everything on high just fine :D but I want DirectX10 so I will have to upgrade sooner or later. X1900 all the way baby

Check out those sites I mentioned!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Link, one more time I would like to advocate for building your own computer. The first PC i ever owned I built, and its really not that difficult.  The most difficult part is designing.  And I have no doubt that there are several people on this forum who would be willing to help you. I certainly would, from what I've seen keenmike builds a pretty sweet little rig, and red is a maniacle, borderline obsessive computer builder. And these are but three in many, many members.  But for some, building just isn't there thing and I must accept that.  From personal IT experience, dells are great if you work with a hundred and fifty identical imaged and hardwared machines.  But on the one on one scale: not that great.  This is why i would not recommend buying one as your upgrade.  (You have one now, and if you can't upgrade it to viability, what does that say about dell?)

i personaly lowered my full size atx motherboard in to a tight case with 1/16 of an inch room to spare. i wanted to get as much out of the exchanges from the overly priced parts they sold me. i lowered the thing with the cpu and fan all together assembled. i originaly had a plan to buy this but got talked out of it. i dont think it to hard to

I agree, its very easy to install a cpu, and every other part.  I don't quite get your small case thing (could be a space thing?) But again, whatever works for you.

Ok, how bout since looking for a computer has been driving me nuts, Ill look around and see how much it would be to build it.  Any help would be appreciated since I have no idea what Im getting myself into.

In a Realm beyond sight,

jedikiller, which one do you have? do you have pictures? link, no matter which parts you get i think there should be a color theme.

Quote from: keenmike on December 09, 2009, 01:43:05 PM
Free 3D Vision glasses, very nice.
If that was about my color sceme, then you are way off.
So will something like this work:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148304

In a Realm beyond sight,

Quote from: ag on December 08, 2009, 06:36:51 PM
Dell is a very nice company in you plan on buying a computer for everyday use, however they aren't decent gaming computers (disregarding their Alienware lineup, which are almost as overpriced as Macs).
OMG, i gotta say alienware is the only computer on earth for home use that is more overpriced than mac. and im sure that the only reason i still support mac is because i didnt m=pay for my computer :P

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon