Acceptable Nickchanger Characters

Started by Shazam, August 13, 2013, 07:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know or have a list of the characters that the nickchanger and SWBF will recognize ingame?

I find myself testing a thousand different combinations of characters just to see which ones I can use. :P

I run into the same problem, but regrettably I dont have any kind of list. I just do the same thing of try  some characters and replace the ones that come back as question marks.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

I suspect it has to do with what characters are supported by your language localization.  I don't have a list, but that is what I would check first.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

i didnt think of that, but is there some way to go into swbf files and check the supported characters?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on August 15, 2013, 06:48:17 PM
i didnt think of that, but is there some way to go into swbf files and check the supported characters?

When I get the time, I'm gonna look through core.lvl files.  If I'm not mistaken, that's would be where the acceptable characters would be.

Quote from: Buckler on August 14, 2013, 03:25:54 AM
I suspect it has to do with what characters are supported by your language localization.  I don't have a list, but that is what I would check first.

What do you mean by "language localization"? 

Different setup with the core.lvl when you install on a different language (when you setup battlefront.)