What does this mean?

Started by Shazam, July 16, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 16, 2013, 05:34:27 PM Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:53:26 AM by Shazam
When I tried to create a new project in BFBuilder, some weird error came up (see attachment)

What do I do?

I think you need the BoPC fix. Not sure on the  name, but you can find it on this site :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

it means theres a folder in BFBuilder with a name that isnt recognized by the HTA probably one with spaces you should post a screenshot of your bfbuilder folder so we can see what exactly is causing that 

Here's my BFBuilder folder.  I already have the BoPC fix.

BFbuilder pro must be in same folder as BFbuilder.

July 16, 2013, 06:00:54 PM #5 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:38:53 PM by Shazam
I moved BFBuilder Pro into the the BFBuilder folder and I have either renamed or deleted the things that had a space or underscore in the name.

The same error still comes up.

edit:  Is it possible to manually copy-paste the necessary files to make a new world?  If I understand correctly, I think I can change the addme.lua to change the map name and such, right?

I have always had good luck with these instructions.  If you follow them exactly, everything should work.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 16, 2013, 07:26:41 PM #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:45:54 PM by Shazam
Quote from: Buckler on July 16, 2013, 07:11:56 PM
I have always had good luck with these instructions.  If you follow them exactly, everything should work.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0

If I had a penny for every time I've been referred to that topic, I'd have about 10 cents. :P

I'll try to figure it out.  Thank you all for the help.

I'm still curious about this though:
Quote from: Meedit:  Is it possible to manually copy-paste the necessary files to make a new world?  If I understand correctly, I think I can change the addme.lua to change the map name and such, right?
Like completely copy paste the DataMod1 or 2 and just edit the addme.lua to make the map whatever I want

I just randomly got the same error yesterday. I'm just moving all my projects and stuff then redownloading the mod tools.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I think there is also a limit to the number of map projects that you can have, too.  Do some housekeeping and see if that helps.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I just redownloaded the mod tools by following Hardcore's tutourial exactly. The same error still comes up.

Is there an easy-to-follow tutourial for manually creating new projects?

I just redownloaded the mod tools and all the assorted fixed + bfbpro and it works fine now.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Hmm, mine always has problems loading, not creating.  I create with BFBuilderPro, and later just munge with regular BFBuilder.  When that screen comes up I just hit "No" and it is usually ok...
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.