[SOLVED] Numerical Lines for Color

Started by Shazam, April 28, 2013, 09:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 28, 2013, 09:12:53 AM Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:43:02 AM by Shazam
I have noticed that there are a lot of numerical lines in weapon ODFs that control what color certain things (like the initial shot color, the bullet color, and the impact color) will be  ingame. I was just wondering if there was some kind of guide somewhere that I could use to easily know which numbers to use to make things a certain color.

For example, I found this lines in the imp_weap_inf_torpedo_launcher:
FlashLightColor = "255 192 192 175"

I found this in the imp_weap_torpedo_launcher_exp:
LightColor = "255 220 100 255"

And I found this line in the imp_weap_torpedo_launcher_ord:
LightColor              = "64 224 64 150"

I'm just wondering what each of those lines control. I would like to change the color of the weapon shots and what-not for my Battle Royale unit.

Thanks in advance!

It's RGBA color palette numbers.
For example, LightColor              = "255 220 100 175"
This mean:
Red color = 255
Green color = 220
Blue color = 100
Alpha (color transparency) =175

imp_weap_inf_torpedo_launcher:
FlashLightColor    = "255 192 192 175" - it's a color of the weapon muzzle flash.

imp_weap_torpedo_launcher_exp:
LightColor    = "255 220 100 255" - color of light, casted on terrain or props, when torpedo explode.

imp_weap_torpedo_launcher_ord:
LightColor              = "64 224 64 150"- color of light, casted on terrain or props, when torpedo fly near by.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Thank you, Sereja! That helps a lot!  :tu:

Is there a guide somewhere that will tell me what each color is? It would take forever to change the numbers little-by-little until I get the color that I want.

For example, if I wanted to make it yellow, I have no clue what color combination of red, green, and blue would make it. I'm not very good with RGBA colors.  :confused:

The best way, it's have some paint editor programm, but here the link, to on-line RGB calculator:
http://drpeterjones.com/colorcalc/
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I just look at the paint pallet of photoshop
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Thanks, guys. I'll probably use the RGB calculator.