SWBF Game informer

Started by Sonic, June 15, 2015, 04:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
When ever I try and run the program, it doesn't show a server list. Everything else "seems" to be functioning. So I ran the debugger that you included (good idea), the result of it is attached. Does anyone have an idea what the issues is? Is it a firewall or network issue?

Note: The last section of the error in the screenshot repeats every time it tries to refresh.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Norwood on June 27, 2015, 10:37:20 AM
When ever I try and run the program, it doesn't show a server list. Everything else "seems" to be functioning. So I ran the debugger that you included (good idea), the result of it is attached. Does anyone have an idea what the issues is? Is it a firewall or network issue?

Note: The last section of the error in the screenshot repeats every time it tries to refresh.
Try runnig the latest version (1.6.1). I have added aditional debug information but firewall should not be the problem.

Okay, I got the newest version, screenshot attached. Every time it refreshes is adds another line.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

It means that response from master server was received but was incorrect. Since it's timed tcp based connection it could be caused by slow connection, or platform-dependent malfunction. Try running the version in attachment, and pm me the output file debug_data.bin

You can now use my app to join servers as well. This is what I call successful day O.o :cheer:

June 27, 2015, 10:58:39 PM #20 Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:18:51 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Encorn5 on June 27, 2015, 03:44:59 PM
You can now use my app to join servers as well. This is what I call successful day O.o :cheer:
Nice addition  :tu: The new server join feature is awesome,  though it launches battlefront.exe directly which skips belk's custom launcher and locks the FPS to 30. Can you add another Join button for launching the "SWBF1 launcher.exe" to play with unlocked framerate?
Would it also be possible to add a custom sound notification feature? You can select a wav/mp3 file it would then play for alerting, with loop or no loop.

The problem with the launcher is, that it has the commandline parameter in its .ini file.
Encorn5's tool uses the commandline parameter /connect to connect to a server.
It would add the parameter to belks swbflauncher, not to ini file.

But maybe there's the key. Temporarily edit the .ini file and add /connect to it's end.

:cheers:

I think it should have a "ping" column as well.... but it's just a suggestion lol
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Hey Encorn,

Would it be possible to build this for linux so that we can create our own leaderboard (like the old days) ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on June 28, 2015, 06:05:07 AM
Hey Encorn,

Would it be possible to build this for linux so that we can create our own leaderboard (like the old days) ?
If you want web frontend app, there is php version. There is no reason this wouldn't work on any machine running java.

Quote from: Encorn5 on June 28, 2015, 06:51:52 AM
If you want web frontend app, there is php version. There is no reason this wouldn't work on any machine running java.

I guess what I am getting at is that is would need a tie in to a database for statistics.

Quote from: Led on June 28, 2015, 08:33:48 AM
I guess what I am getting at is that is would need a tie in to a database for statistics.
Well, storing the data in DB is very easy at this point. However there are some data limitations, such as player list can't be stored as it's unverified and often malformed.

June 28, 2015, 12:19:22 PM #27 Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:39:56 PM by Encorn5
Quote from: Phobos on June 27, 2015, 10:58:39 PM
Nice addition  :tu: The new server join feature is awesome,  though it launches battlefront.exe directly which skips belk's custom launcher and locks the FPS to 30. Can you add another Join button for launching the "SWBF1 launcher.exe" to play with unlocked framerate?
I have tried to manually adjust the TPS value (in profile file) and it made me harmless ingame (no shooting, no jumping, no healing)
Edit: There are controls exactly 20 bytes after your name. I have tried the limits and it resulted into removing some of the controls

Added sound notifications, custom nicks (profile cloner) and custom TPS (experimental).

Quote from: Encorn5 on June 28, 2015, 03:05:40 PM
Added sound notifications, custom nicks (profile cloner) and custom TPS (experimental).

TPS is a server setting but FPS can be uncapped on the client by /noframelock