Cut Content from SWBF

Started by Kit Fisto, June 03, 2012, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Could someone make a list of cut content from BF because I was looking at screenshots on the official SWBF site ( http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/ ) and I saw things that are not in the game, so could someone tell me what didn't make it in the game? Example: look at first 2 screenshots for PC version of game.

there is a post in here somewhere...try the forum search function
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

there were originally going to be 6 units per team. IG-88 for droids, a clone commander, rebel bothan spy, and imperial officer, but this was cut for some reason before release. maybe one day we will be able to recreate 6 unit per team mods.

Also the HUD was completely different, I suppose a stylistic change occurred and they went for the minimalist blue holographic thing.

I think also, creators planing to made 2 different local team, like geonosians and jedi.
Quote from: Phobos on June 03, 2012, 12:47:45 PM
maybe one day we will be able to recreate 6 unit per team mods.
Probably for this, you need to find real programmer, not modder. It must be a new patch, or something. It cud be also nise, if it make possible 6th vehicle position.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on June 05, 2012, 09:21:02 AM
I think also, creators planing to made 2 different local team, like geonosians and jedi.

It is actually possible to have (up to 5 at least) local teams using lua commands.  But I agree, I think that the extra local team on geonosis was commented out.

5?! I am surely need to try it in my next map. I am always think it just will crash...
Another cut out locals, it is probe droids on Hoth. I am sure, something else, exist in there, because Hoth map is crash, with any custom sides.

Quote from: Sereja on June 05, 2012, 11:39:21 AM
5?! I am surely need to try it in my next map. I am always think it just will crash...
Another cut out locals, it is probe droids on Hoth. I am sure, something else, exist in there, because Hoth map is crash, with any custom sides.

Here is a link to a topic about 4 locals, there is also a video
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3908.msg40474#msg40474

Thank's! It's realy works! But all my locals has only yellow color of mini map arrows and CP's holograms. Anyway, it is realy shame, I am already release some of my converted maps. I cud make them more interesting and balanced, with secondary locals...

Yes, the color is messed up for the cps.  I think maybe they did not intend for us to do this, but it works anyway. 
(You can make them allies or enemies too SetTeamAsEnemy )

Feel free to make an update of your maps, we will be here! :)