PLEASE HELP

Started by flying_dirt, June 02, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 Some please help im trying to download mods but its not working and i've already tryed googleing it but nothing helped so far.Ok i made an add on file i have the unzipped file in it but there is no game data to put the addon into >:( and yes i went from lucas arts to starwars battlefront 1 but there is NO GAME DATA.

OK.  The first thing you need to check is to make sure you are playing version 1.2 of the game.

It is this version that supports the Addon maps.

The way you can check if you dont know of any other way, is to go into your instant action menu and see if a map called "Jabbas Palace" in on the list.  If it is not there, then you are not playing 1.2

Here is a link to update your game to 1.2
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=449

If that is not the issue, post again, and we will help!

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

To know the version ure in, just go multiplayer and then ull see 3 options (Internet,...,...)
U can see if ure in 1.2 if upside in the right it says : 1.2, if not ure in 1.0 ;)
Anyway, tomorrow ill test if in 1.0 u can play with mod maps
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

If you can't find GameData folder, the problem may be far more serious then that... You may use non original version of the game, and just can't upgrade it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

It may also be possible that windows 7 is hiding his program files or something.  Basically we will need more information, but I bet we can help him out. 

Ok i have jabba's palace and the game came with fan favorites.

Quote from: flying_dirt on June 02, 2012, 07:23:02 PM
Ok i have jabba's palace and the game came with fan favorites.
Do you have administrative rights on your computer?

OK, so that means that you have the 1.2 patch.

Next, are you using windows 7 ?

It is probably in Program Files (x86)/
can you see any folders in there?

Do you have a link for the game, and can you tell me what the "shortcut" properties are?

Lastly, are you good with computers, or a novice--no worries either way, but it just lets me know how much detail to go into.

One more thing you can do on your own, do a file search for "tat3.lvl"  and see what can find out about its location.

Well I dont know if im a novice but i do knoe some stuff about the computer and yes i have a windows.Heres a few questions though i dont know how to look at the shortcut properties and i dont know where the files(x86) is.

Ok so u would find Program Files 86 in your Document Libraries and as said before do u have administrative rights to your computer if so it should be accessible. 
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I think i do but could you tell me how to access it.

Ok first what type of windows do you run?

I have a windows vista home premium and its version is 6.0 .

ok so go to the bottom left corner of your screen and click on that Windows Start icon, its attached to your bar at the bottom

Lol you dont have to tell where that is im dumb but not that dumb :P.Anyways now what?