How to prohibit Mods and Skins

Started by norad®enalin, June 13, 2010, 01:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello mpc Gamers!
I have à generally question: how can i Ban Custom mods and skins on my Server, e.g the mini-Map Hack or transparent textures ?
Found out that some Users (don't want to name some Player) are using some cheats, and i want to minify the effects.

I hope you know some tips and advices... It may be useful for clan wars, too....

Unfortunately I don't believe banning such a thing is possible without having the users of the server download and install new files, due to the way those hacks (probably) work.

If your server is being used for clan wars, then having a downloadable anti-cheat file may be an option for you. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. Sorry :/

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Jedikiller is correct on this one. With the Zero Engine, there's nothing we have right now that may prevent people from cheating. The best thing to it is the anti-glitch maps (death borders were added in areas that can be accessed by glitching).

#TYBG

Quote from: norad®enalin on June 13, 2010, 01:33:14 AM
Hello mpc Gamers!
I have à generally question: how can i Ban Custom mods and skins on my Server, e.g the mini-Map Hack or transparent textures ?
Found out that some Users (don't want to name some Player) are using some cheats, and i want to minify the effects.
Name the player. I know now the mod you are talking about. Players that can see thru walls is old. I think it is old mod. I think the only way to get what you want is to play with honor till the people you compete with understand to not use the mod. Which is a mod in your personality hard to install unless you growed up with it. The word growed up is not correct, but I was influenced by the movie Coal Miner's Daughter.

Yeah, if there's no way to prevent it, you can at least block or boot individuals who cheat in such a way.

Quote from: Unit33 on June 14, 2010, 12:04:26 AM
Yeah, if there's no way to prevent it, you can at least block or boot individuals who cheat in such a way.
It is hard but possible to tell if some one in your server can see thru walls.

Quote from: Meicull on June 13, 2010, 09:33:28 PM
Name the player.[...]

Check this out: http://de.xfire.com/video/2a4a37/
Description text:

Hey, I've made this with help from a friend (http://www.xfire.com/profile/markdeagle/) -This works for the normal maps, included Tatooine: Jabba -This works for multiplayer // I'm new in modding and programming, so please don't rate so hard ;)

And i have heard a few rumors that MsC and UEF had used the minimap hack...

If your server is being used for clan wars, then having a downloadable anti-cheat file may be an option for you.

That was my idea, but i do not know how the minimap tool works..
I have found out there is a command in the .lua file, but the mission.lvl can be easily overwritten. So there must be another way to use this..

June 14, 2010, 04:46:39 AM #7 Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:48:46 AM by Jamman
ive heard that some german clan has it. at least they used to. but i do know that the minimap hack was made in a new version by a new person than the germans use. it allows you to look at your minimap and see where your enemy is the entire time.

im not sure, but the person that made that cc modified, just made in transparent. i think that Belk ( just the top name off my head when thinking back, not positive ), made an at-at just like that.

You don't have to worry about зE·A·G·L·E. Someone who can make this is cool.

To be honest, the wallhack should prove very inproductive. From watching the video, everything is transparent and it's really hard to look around.

However it still is cheating and it must be addressed. Unfortunately, SWBF doesn't have a method of checking the MD5 of the files/whatever is the latest way to detect hacks.

#TYBG

wallhack is hugely productive in CoD :D

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I am glad people see me not competitive and take playing with me as such. This happens few times and I like that game play most. For example, I invented the backwards attack.

Quote from: Meicull on June 14, 2010, 10:32:37 AM
I am glad people see me not competitive and take playing with me as such. This happens few times and I like that game play most. For example, I invented the backwards attack.

Umm.... what?

#TYBG

backwards attack....

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Let me explain how it works for you. You first start by eating copious amounts of beans, then you............... never mind  :XD: