Just got Republic Commando online to work!

Started by Kit Fisto, March 16, 2013, 02:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys! I just got Republic Commando online to work! I'm using yet another Wine Wrapper to run the game and it works great!

I just played a little bit of online and its ok. Not nearly as fun as SWBFI online. But I wanted to say that if there is anyone who plays the game I would love to play with you! Hit me up on xfire and I'll see if I can play.  :cheers:

But u cannot play swbf1 :(
Well, enjoy that game. Did u try The Old Republic ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Now that my computer is working ( not sure if that will last ) I can play RC, im on often usually in a 1 on 1 server,  TX CTF, OR TX ASSUALT. BTW you need to be warned about someone, his name is excaliber38spec, if you see him LEAVE IMMEDIATLY or you will regret it.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

March 16, 2013, 09:13:19 PM #3 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:15:20 PM by Joseph
38 special is my bro on repcom, too bad he has lots of troll fans/haters (like excalibur apparently)

If I get the time I'll re-install and have a go. It's a pretty good game. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Josh on March 16, 2013, 09:06:28 PM
BTW you need to be warned about someone, his name is excaliber38spec, if you see him LEAVE IMMEDIATLY or you will regret it.
Why? What does he do?

March 17, 2013, 10:16:10 AM #6 Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:19:18 AM by Josh
If I repeated ANY of what he said I would get banned of this site so fast... He pretty much just chat hacks and make us say REALLY nasty things.  JUST DON'T PLAY WITH HIM AROUND and you will be fine  ;)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 17, 2013, 08:29:27 AM
Why? What does he do?
okay, imagine one of the. Worst. Trolls. Yo can possibly fathum, then give him special modifications like pharagraph spam, inbannablity, unlagable, insta name changer, and favorite victem IP adress tracker, then multiply his foul language times the number Mart has been banned in FC servers (lol).

Great! Now you have a glimps od the guys shadow :D

One...two...three...four, maybe four times, I don't know.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 24, 2013, 08:44:41 PM
okay, imagine one of the. Worst. Trolls. Yo can possibly fathum, then give him special modifications like pharagraph spam, inbannablity, unlagable, insta name changer, and favorite victem IP adress tracker, then multiply his foul language times the number Mart has been banned in FC servers (lol).

That is pretty bad :/ I am still unsure as to whether I should get the game or not :P

Low  :dry:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Reminds me of someone...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

:hehe:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 06:29:14 AM
Reminds me of someone...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hahaha... No... It reminds me of u Noodles, anyway this troll sounds like a fun guy  :rofl:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

March 30, 2013, 09:19:52 AM #13 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:23:27 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Helios on March 30, 2013, 06:36:26 AM
Anyway this troll sounds like a fun guy  :rofl:

Everyone thinks that at first    <-----
(No offense to whoever made this gif, but it really needs changed out...)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 06:29:14 AM
Reminds me of someone...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

You do know you get REALLY bad Carma if you mock any of the gods right? :P

March 30, 2013, 08:03:11 PM #14 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:19:57 PM by Joseph
Unfortunately RC, which used to be an extremely fun online game, has been taken over by trolls and noobs. Players who use rocket and AA constantly are 100x worse for the game than chat hackers. You can ignore the chat if you know anything about multiplayer gaming. What you can't ignore is having every potentially good and competitive match ruined by idiots who just want to blast you with rockets. These people play for about a week and then leave because they're bored by this mindless playing (and who wouldn't be?) but unfortunately more and more just keep coming.

So I left.

(The only way to play a good game anymore is through the private servers.)

BTW, I left a lengthy and thorough post on one of the main RepCom websites after the SWBF shutdown, concerning the probable shutdown of RepCom servers within a year or so, including a plan for how to save the community.

The response? Nothing.