Good Star Wars PS2 games?

Started by Kit Fisto, December 26, 2012, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 27, 2012, 09:21:16 PM
:slap: oh yea, that was on the customer reviews. Whoops.
It sure is fun, yea the ending is a little odd. The only reason I don't love this game is because they made the story canon. Which means it is officially part of the Star Wars story timeline!  :wall:
TFU2 also has a good story but it was supposed to continue in the third game which was never made. :( Hope you enjoy all the games.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

TFU killed me inside a bit. The OP force powers make the films look wimpy.
Also I do like games in which you can choose not to kill people, and instead run away / use stealth... So yeah I liked Bounty Hunter Better.

Quote from: SleepKiller on December 27, 2012, 03:05:20 PM
Just to clear up something here. Star Wars The Clone Wars used Zero the game engine, not Zero Engine. Also SWBF does not appear to use Zero at all I don't know why so many people think it does. Zero Edit is what is left of Zero and it has all the functions for switching to gameplay mode stripped out.
swbf, swbf2, and other non starwars games by pandemic all use zero. (Wikipidia says)

Quote from: SleepKiller on December 27, 2012, 03:05:20 PMSWBF does not appear to use Zero at all I don't know why so many people think it does.

I never heard or read otherwise till just now.
(wiki link: Zero (game engine) )
The talk page has a bit about the internal discission to use Zero or start over. That and SK's comment are the only places I've ever heard of SWBF not being zero.

It's a little dissapointing to not have a name to attach to the engine.
(I just died a little inside.)

Well said tirpider.

And what are you talking about, of course Kit wants to have his thread derailed with talk about Wikipedia what other purpose could their be for such a thread?  :P

SWBF2 is cool, wow so many long posts  :o
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I agree that the discussion is worth continuing, somewhere. Especially since I recall this issue arising one or more times in the past on this site.

Sure, I'll give much more credence to the things my doctor tells me about my ailments, as opposed to the things my well-meaning friends tell me. That doesn't mean my friends are incorrect by dint of not having gone to medical school. And it doesn't mean that my doctor is correct by dint of having gone to medical school.

I would not contest your "credence assignments" here. I would however contest the notion that Wikipedia should be automatically mistrusted to an extra degree simply because it is a public pool of information. Any source of data should be treated with some degree of mistrust, but not having been authorized by an "authority" is not a reason for increasing your mistrust.

(Well, maybe a slight increase is warranted, but not significant enough to rule out Wikipedia as a useful source of fun facts. Or minor questions on what engine a game uses. It pays to be savvy though. The more specialized and technical the wiki page is, the more likely it was in fact written by an expert.)

Basically, everything in my posts is a knee-jerk reaction to Gold Man's remark that "Wikipedia isn't a reliable source". This statement is either correct trivially (making every source of information unreliable) or incorrect (by applying some probabilistic notion of reliability).

Quote from: SleepKiller on December 28, 2012, 08:47:59 PM
Well said tirpider.

And what are you talking about, of course Kit wants to have his thread derailed with talk about Wikipedia what other purpose could their be for such a thread?  :P
Thanks SK! Although I can't complain since I've detailed so man threads before.
Going back to Star Wars PS2 games and TFU, the new CW show is sooo much better. Many many episodes have adult themes in them. Sure some episodes suck and are to childish, but it is a show on Cartoon Network. But I suggest you watch some of the more recent episodes, they have a nice theme. But for the life of me do NOT watch the recent droid trilogy, ( secret weapons and into the void ) those sucked beyond belief. Try the Krell series...
Star Wars PS2 games: my next game I'm gonna get is going to be Bounty Hunter!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 29, 2012, 11:35:07 AM
Thanks SK! Although I can't complain since I've detailed so man threads before.
Going back to Star Wars PS2 games and TFU, the new CW show is sooo much better. Many many episodes have adult themes in them. Sure some episodes suck and are to childish, but it is a show on Cartoon Network. But I suggest you watch some of the more recent episodes, they have a nice theme. But for the life of me do NOT watch the recent droid trilogy, ( secret weapons and into the void ) those sucked beyond belief. Try the Krell series...
Star Wars PS2 games: my next game I'm gonna get is going to be Bounty Hunter!
adult themes.... what are they rated? R?

December 29, 2012, 01:17:14 PM #39 Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:37:57 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Ltin on December 29, 2012, 12:47:52 PM
adult themes.... what are they rated? R?

TV-14 is the highest rating I've seen one of the episodes, I think it might have been the 3-part Umbaran Invasion, or it was the 2nd ep of the 3-part Second Battle of Geonosis trilogy. I know I've seen quite a few eps with that rating. And yes, I am a true fan of TCW series, been watching it since I saw the movie in '08.

If you got any questions of TCW, give me a holler, I know almost every episode from Seasons 1-5! :D

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on December 29, 2012, 01:17:14 PM
TV-14 is the highest rating I've seen one of the episodes, I think it might have been the 3-part Umbaran Invasion, or it was the 2nd ep of the 3-part Second Battle of Geonosis trilogy. I know I've seen quite a few eps with that rating. And yes, I am a true fan of TCW series, been watching it since I saw the movie in '08.

If you got any questions of TCW, give me a holler, I know almost every episode from Seasons 1-5! :D
Finally a fan of the show!! :)
Adult theme as in a mature theme, that older people understand better than kids.
Wow it looks like I derailed my own thread! :slap:

Since it wasn't linked earlier:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_2

That's all the PS2 Star Wars games you can get.

#TYBG