Good Star Wars PS2 games?

Started by Kit Fisto, December 26, 2012, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello guys! I have been looking into getting another Star Wars game for my PS2. But I don't know what the good ones are. I have done research but I can't really tell which ones are the best.

I know that Star Wars Battlefront I and II along with Lego Star Wars I and II are some of the best. But what are some other good Star Wars games?

Starwars: Bounty Hunter, Starwars force unleased, I think I got 2 more but I'll find them later when I'm not in bed :cheers:

Quote from: (212)^Adv^-Vixo on December 26, 2012, 08:53:33 PM
Starwars: Bounty Hunter, Starwars force unleased, I think I got 2 more but I'll find them later when I'm not in bed :cheers:
Force Unleashed is good for the PS2? I played it on the PS3 at a friends house and I liked it but when I saw gameplay for it on the PS2 I didn't know if it was good. Which is better? Bounty Hunter or Force unleashed?

Jedi Starfighter was pretty good.
Not the best game, by any means, but well worth picking it up used.

Screw both those. I haven't played either of those for PS2 but Star Wars: The Clone Wars is basically the best SW PS2 game. And it isn't based on those pathetic TV shows. It was Pandemic's game that enabled them to make SWBF. Very fun with a buddy in split screen and the campaign is pretty fun as well.

Star Wars: Starfighter is worth picking up as well. Very good gameplay. I highly enjoyed it. I don't know about the sequel.

Quote from: SleepKiller on December 26, 2012, 10:06:07 PM
Screw both those. I haven't played either of those for PS2 but Star Wars: The Clone Wars is basically the best SW PS2 game. And it isn't based on those pathetic TV shows. It was Pandemic's game that enabled them to make SWBF. Very fun with a buddy in split screen and the campaign is pretty fun as well.

Star Wars: Starfighter is worth picking up as well. Very good gameplay. I highly enjoyed it. I don't know about the sequel.
I've seen quite a few vids of this Star Wars the clone wars game, and I understand that they use the ZERO engine. But isn't it like SWBF but with less to do? ( I'm not downing your game I just ccant find any good vids showing good gameplay )

So right now I have on suggestions list are:
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter ( just 1 or 1&2? )
Star Wars The Clone Wars

Another concern of mine is replayability, as in you can play it more than once and not get board after a couple spins. SWBF is a perfect example, but I don't have to tell you guys that.

So how much can you play those games "again and again"

You can't judge a game till you have played it. And where ever you saw/who ever told you that it is like SWBF only with less to do is an absolutely ridiculous statement. It is not like SWBF in the slightes, a lot of people don't like it. But it has pretty fast paced game-play that is a lot of fun. As for replay-ability this game has it in the split screen modes. You have your typical DM mode, then there is KOTH, my personal favorite Conquest (In it you are put against each other in a bid to destroy the opposing player's HQ. You can go attack it yourself. Or if your smart you go acquire outposts which when fully built will give you a unit that will do what you tell it to. If you want it to defend the outpost, HQ or go full hardcore offensive to keep your opponent pressured. It is a brilliant game mode were you will kill and get killed by your opponent many times.) and finally their is Academy a firefight mode(In this mode you can go in solo or bring a buddy which is loads of fun. You fight wave after wave of enemies helping each other survive and generally having a good time just blowing up an endless droid horde. However be warned it gets pretty intense!). And a bargain at only $15 http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/star-wars-the-clone-wars/22863.

As for the other I don't think BH or TFU have any MP options on the PS2. Star Wars: Starfighter is definitely worth picking up the SP campaign is very fun and I think it has average MP. (Don't quote me on that I played it ages ago, the SP campaign was great fun buy it just for that man.)

Oh! The clone wars game sounds interesting! I'll definitely look into it! Can you do all of those modes in singleplayer? Without splitscreen?

My top 3 right now are probably force unleashed, clone wars, and bounty hunter. I don't know about Starfighter yet...
Does anyone have something convincing to say about bounty hunter? :)

I have heard good things about Bounty Hunter.. I couldn't get into it though.
The story seemed alright,  but I found myself fighting the controls which killed it for me.
If you are quick to adapt to ackward controls that you can't customize, it may be worth a try.
I'd love to play it again, but I clearly remember throwing something.. ( I drank much more coffee in those days.)

I don't want to shoot the game down, just letting you know about a feature that was impossible for me.
I think I picked it up at a gamestop-like store for $5. So not much of a loss.
I'd by it 2nd hand and only if it's cheap.

Never played Clone Wars... I might see if I can find a copy locally.  (I'm still poking thier msh files, looking for a conversion vector)

TFU is nice.  The first is better than the second, and both look better on X-Box.
Singleplayer, linear story... but it's kind of a groovy story. I bought the first one retail, and wish I had got it used, but I don't regret getting it.

I expected more and was let down by TFU2. Get Mercenaries or Destroy All Humans instead.

Jedi Starfighter was decent. I'll go back and play through it about once a year.

I wish they had released KoTOR for playstation 2.

For me, the best other game on PS2, is surely Bounty Hunter. Realy stylish game, even if grafics look's now old. Gameplay is realy fun, specialy, if you need carefuly capture some bounty alive, under spread of enemy blaser fire. Some times, it is hard to stay alive, but if you be realy carefull hunter, it's possible. At the end, it slowly turns in to some zombie horror, and it's cud be realy scary :o.
TFU has realy great grafic and models, but gameplay is too linear, so, it was like "on rails" game. Plus, I realy do not like those fight mode, when you need rapidly press exactly some random appeared buttons. :sick: It's ruin all realistic.
Clone Wars is fun, since there was first appear of IFT, RTT, and AT-XT. But the grafics look's now old, and not realy nice.
Jedi Starfighter II (Naboo N1) game, has very old grafics, and hard controls.
Also, it isn't counted as PS2 game, but it works for PS2 console, so the best Star Wars game for PS, to me, was Rebel Assault II.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Starwars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith is pretty good imo, I didn't really like the clone wars.

didnt star wars: the clone wars use a precursor to zero engine?

Quote from: Ltin on December 27, 2012, 06:47:43 AM
didnt star wars: the clone wars use a precursor to zero engine?
It used THE zero engine.
So I think I've narrowed it down to 2 games.
Bounty Hunter
The Force Unleashed
"Both are hardworking and will serve me well." :P
I migh just get them both used. I'll have to ask my parents. ( I'll get back on that )

And just a question, why do people care about graphics so much? It's the gameplay that counts!

Bounty hunter was fairly good.

Too bad you didn't get a Gamecube, or else you could get the Rogue Squadron games.