Chat font to be bigger

Started by Led, May 20, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Had a request for the chat font to be bigger.

I was thinking maybe a hex edit to larger font size?  What do you think?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

May 20, 2013, 07:34:36 PM #1 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:37:11 PM by Dark_Phantom
Well, yes.  If you're talking about hexing the exe.  That controls chat size using the gamefont_*size* functions.

Although can't you change the font overall some other way too, through core or something?  Never really tried other than through lua, but lua doesn't control chat size.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Buckler on May 20, 2013, 07:12:51 PM
Had a request for the chat font to be bigger.

I was thinking maybe a hex edit to larger font size?  What do you think?
The font size for what? You can change shell font sizes through the LUA. You can change game font sizes through the core. You can replace existing smaller font with copies of larger fonts but with line breaks (like weapon description spawn boxes) not all text will be visible, same for server lobby. I don't use hex editor to change fonts just the shell and core builders.

Quote from: Phobos on May 20, 2013, 07:45:00 PM
The font size for what? You can change shell font sizes through the LUA. You can change game font sizes through the core. You can replace existing smaller font with copies of larger fonts but with line breaks (like weapon description spawn boxes) not all text will be visible, same for server lobby. I don't use hex editor to change fonts just the shell and core builders.

OK, thanks, I will give the core builder a shot.  It is for team and all chat. (green and yellow)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet