Lost SWBF players appreciation thread

Started by Joseph, April 07, 2013, 04:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This thread shall be a monument to SWBF players who are lost forever due to the shutdown. They may be players who stopped playing long ago, or were playing right up until the shutdown. They are/were not connected to "the community" via xfire but people like them kept SWBF vital. Not being able to meet random new people in pubs is definitely the worst part of the shutdown.

If you knew them at all, you should leave an epitaph.

ExitWound: ExitWound was a very cool guy who I only played with a handful of times, but when we did we talked about anarchism, philosophy, etc. He was in the process of writing an online book outlining his philosophical worldview and added me to his mailing list.

SlipperyPete: We bonded over movie discussion, Depeche Mode's Violator album, and a shared disgust at male chauvinism.

that one chick: One of my first friends in swbf, we played a lot together and with our small group of friends. This was largely before I got xfire and joined a serious clan.

Sheltering Sky
Thoreau
All the [I/O] Insurrection regulars

I will add more later as I remember them.

CHUCK NORRIS, I haven't seen him since the shut down, he was always arguing with me the he was the actual Chuck Norris and I was a fake. Fun times :P

Also, fpsrussia.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Someone by the name of SlipperyPete was on tunngle a few days ago--but maybe it was someone using that name.

For me, I miss GunFighter6.  Quiet player, but there every night!

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on April 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM
Someone by the name of SlipperyPete was on tunngle a few days ago--but maybe it was someone using that name.

For me, I miss GunFighter6.  Quiet player, but there every night!
Dang, that would be great if SP is still playing.

I agree, I was going to add GF6. SWBF stalwart!

I remember some old chaps that I haven't seen for a while that I doubt I will be seeing ever again.

Aquarious - he was a good fighter, though laggy, he ended up being a WUSI member. Cool guy though nonetheless.

{DL}Ldr.Commando - I remember the guy from my early days in 2010 and even in 2011, haven't seen him for a long time. He was cool, though I think some people were after him, as I would have contact with him, and then he would just vanish for a long time.

Decoder - He was there when I started up ol' TGM. Originally he was going to be my co-lead, but I never saw him again until a full year later. Haven't seen him since about 2011.

SAGER - I never did like the guy that much, but he was alright. Only thing about him was he was swapping clans like every day. Never did see him since Summer 2011.

{Alpha}Pvt.Kags + {Alpha}Pvt.Gurgi - These two were recruited into Alpha only days before the shutdown, we haven't heard contact from either of them since.

I might end up listing some more people down the road, but those are all the people I can remember as of right now.

DUMMYBOT...he commented on BS's xfire vid saying bye, 99SPARES, yes i hated him but still, and Arcangel, may they R.I.P

Yes, I am serious, where do you think I got my trolling from? Oh he has been on Tunngle? I haven't seen him.

April 07, 2013, 07:23:35 PM #9 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:25:50 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: {212th} AÐv | Märt¥ on April 07, 2013, 06:50:22 PM
DUMMYBOT...he commented on BS's xfire vid saying bye, 99SPARES, yes i hated him but still, and Arcangel, may they R.I.P

DummyBot's gone?  Hmm... don't think I've seen this goodbye until now.

999Spares was the man; didn't take things seriously whatsoever.

Well, my players were more from 1.0 and just faded away:

{WAR}ldr.Crazy - joined his clan after I came back from a 2 year BF absence, and he and the rest of the small but skilled clan befriended me.  One by one the whole clan disappeared until I was the only one left, and then joined BOB which I am still in (more of a community now with most of us just keeping in touch and playing sparsely)

Tiger - Better friend than player, was in a couple different clans, tried bringing WUSI back to 1.0 at one point in time.  Still played once in a great while, haven't heard from him since the GS shutdown.

There are many more, I just need to get a list together.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

April 07, 2013, 07:30:47 PM #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:57:56 PM by tirpider
Never talked to any of these guys, but I remember their names from PS2:
{LORD}TOROMEX
SURVEILLANCE
MILFSNATCHER
DIMONBAK
Mr. Toxic
-SGT-ALEX***501ST
WEAPONXGORE
TROUBLEWALKN
PRISON DAWG
{IG}GEN*BLINDMAN*
SITHJUAN

And the best troll I met (and was consistantly thrashed by):
BITCHSLAPPA

Good times. I hope they are all doing well (even the troll.)

-edit
And the ubiquitous Player 1. Right up there with . as far as I'm concerned ;)

I know a Tiger and still keep in contact with him, but he's German, was that Tiger German?

Quote from: tirpider on April 07, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

{LORD}TOROMEX

Somehow, I think I've seen that guys name in a few YouTube vids from SWBF PS2 gameplay. For some reason the name seems familiar.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 07, 2013, 07:37:30 PM
Somehow, I think I've seen that guys name in a few YouTube vids from SWBF PS2 gameplay. For some reason the name seems familiar.

You are right. He and several of the others have and are in a bunch of youtube videos.