What is the difference between mac and pc mod maps

Started by Xfire Keenmike aka cull, December 28, 2009, 04:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I remember seeing mod maps with two types of mod maps. Some times there are two mod maps one for mac players and one for pc players. I was wondering what the difference between the two are, and how is a mac mod map made?

Mac and PC mods have no differences for Mac and PC. a mod is used by the engine in the exact same way.

however, some people write installers for the mods themselves, these often do not work on the other system, so they end up making a "mac" or "pc" version without the installer. That is the only time i've seen Mac or PC versions of mods.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

So, I understand correct, the mod maps are the same? Thank you Hardcore.

Mac and PC have no differences they are the same...

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

There is clearly a difference in the maps I have that have two folders for the same map. One is a pc map with similar files like any other map. But the other folder has folder and files like _MACOSX and ._dra5.lvl. I am just wanting to know more about this.

Those are temporary files that are left behind. In Windows, they aren't hidden. That probably means that whoever made the archive of that map did so in OSX.

It doesn't affect the map or the compatibility. You're safe to delete those files.

#TYBG

Sorry my bad I was incorrect how they are written is different!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.