[WIP] Bespin: Cloud City

Started by Unit 33, July 27, 2012, 08:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 27, 2012, 08:07:04 AM Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:13:57 AM by Regent
What with that Zombie map in the "Oh let's mess around a bit and release it later stage" I am going to have a go at creating an exciting flying city, as a sort of hybridisation of B:CC and B:P.

I am currently in the process of drawing up a city plan... basically somewhat reminiscent of CC, with some landing areas for ships, but I'm basing much of it from the concept art book I have.
The base platform shall be one of the Bespin Platforms maxed out to a much larger size, upon which the city will be build.
In addition there will be other gas mining platforms around for players to explore if they manage to get a ship (and will make excellent sniping spots).

This is an immense project and will probably take a good while... I also need to find another modder to do all the boring stuff like regions and that.

Current progression
70%!

The map layout is finished, all the routing, regions and stuff have also been completed.

Next up is to add details to the main platform, making it look more like Cloud City and the final stage is replacing the stock textures with my own.

Thats a great idea! Send it over and I'll do the boring stuff.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on July 29, 2012, 12:17:00 PM
Thats a great idea! Send it over and I'll do the boring stuff.

Okay doke!

I shall put some finishing touches on the map... which will take another few days.

Shazam is helping with the sides... such as replacing the Rebels with the Cloud City security forces!

I will probably take out the clones on CW and replace them with the locals, too.

I can't work on it til tomorrow. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could find that link for me so that I wont have to find it and get right to the good stuff.
(the Bespin security assets would most likely be on GT)

Thanks! :)

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on July 29, 2012, 01:40:23 PM
I will probably take out the clones on CW and replace them with the locals, too.

I can't work on it til tomorrow. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could find that link for me so that I wont have to find it and get right to the good stuff.
(the Bespin security assets would most likely be on GT)

Thanks! :)

And if they don't already exist I'll just make some.

If you increase platform size, the floor texture, increased to, and probably look's not very realistic. I may suggest you, rise your terrain, and use it as floor. Then, use terraincutter, and remove all of no needed rest of terrain.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I know they "exist" somewhere. They are used in Abridon, and some custom Bespin maps different people have made.

It may be one of those things that just require the time to look for them somewhere.

That part may take longer than the actual modding. :P

Quote from: Sereja on July 29, 2012, 01:45:06 PM
If you increase platform size, the floor texture, increased to, and probably look's not very realistic. I may suggest you, rise your terrain, and use it as floor. Then, use terraincutter, and remove all of no needed rest of terrain.

Now that is a very good idea. It shall also allow me to do certain things I couldn't do on the flat surface, such as having city levels and including underground portions (the chamber).

Thanks Sereja!

Your welcome! I think, it will be fun to play.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

July 29, 2012, 03:10:12 PM #12 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:51:26 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
All Bespin maps need a chamber, it's just not right without it. :P

Hope all things go smoothly without any problems! :)
--
EDIT: I can't find the Bespin Security Force assets. I searched GT, SWBF Filefront, any suggestions?

QuoteEDIT: I can't find the Bespin Security Force assets. I searched GT, SWBF Filefront, any suggestions?
Post here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4946.0 requesting "SWBF Renewed Bespin Local Assets".

Currently re-skinning Rends' Coruscant Assets so I can have more indoor areas of the map.