Units' Common.lvl

Started by Unit 33, July 09, 2012, 04:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 09, 2012, 04:11:27 AM Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:17:12 AM by Unit 33
Units' Common.lvl

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=664

QuoteABOUT

***************************************************************************************
Hey there you.

This common.lvl modification covers various aesthetic HUD and in-game features. For instance, all Weapon Scopes (All 4 of them) have been made far more realistic, the reticles are slightly more helpful and more extravagant. The HUD now contains aurebesh and the Victory/ Defeat screens are also aurebesh.

There's some minor tweaks that you'll probably never notice too (the CP icon now has Aurebesh).

***************************************************************************************
INSTALLATION

To instal, replace your current common.lvl; which is found under:
SWBF -> Contents -> Resources -> lvl_PC -> ENG

Always backup your original files. If this breaks your game and burns down your residence, I claim no legal responsibility.

**************************************************************************************
CREDITS

Unit 33.

*************************************************************************************
GLOSSARY

HUD: Heads Up Display. THE STUFF THATS ON THE SCREEN

Aurebesh: Star Wars Language/Font

Nice to see new reticule variations!
Interesting, why you left stock, for bowcaster :confused:.
Scopes look's very realistic, but I think, you need to try add correct .tga.option, to make color variations not so contrasted. Try this:
-maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on July 09, 2012, 05:29:36 AM
Nice to see new reticule variations!
Interesting, why you left stock, for bowcaster :confused:.
Scopes look's very realistic, but I think, you need to try add correct .tga.option, to make color variations not so contrasted. Try this:
-maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8
Thanks, that helps a lot!
I shall do that for the 2.0 since I already have some new ideas.

July 09, 2012, 06:37:12 AM #3 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:41:13 AM by kitfisto15678
For the 2.0 you should make the CP light ,blue instead of green! ;)

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 09, 2012, 06:37:12 AM
For the 2.0 you should make the CP light ,blue instead of green! ;)
I dont think, it is possible, with common.lvl.
Still, it's cud be a realy nice idea, if you add in your common.lvl barc speeder and at-rt pilot animation (just in case ;) ).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Unit, just a heads up. The ReadMe installation instructions are for Mac.  :wacko:

For those of you who don't know how to install common.lvl (most should) it is found in this directory on most PCs.

Disc Drive C:>Program Files>LucasArts>Star Wars Battlefront>GameData>Data>_LVL_PC>Common>ENG

On the 2.0 release you might wanna add that. ;)

Very well done thanks Unit 33!
When all else fails. Blow it up.

Okay Unit 33
I've tested your Common and I think:
You done a great Job
That Common is pretty well
With new Font (Aurebesh)
So I like it :)
Yoda ;)
My Released Mods

Crazy Black & White Cloud City: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8iz6tqht4udfk4

Hey Unit! I love this common.lvl and I really like how you put aubresh in places! If you do a 2.0 can you change it so all words are in aubresh? Like the names of the people, weapons and the victory/defeat in 20, 19 etc. You can even use aubresh numbers!!! One thing though, on vehicles that have 2 or more seats you can't see if people are in with you...
oh and why didn't you change the soldier and wookiee bowcaster reticules? Once again I'm lovin this common.lvl!! :cheer: :tu: