pc gamespy down?

Started by French, November 15, 2012, 02:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all,

admittedly while I haven't played swbf for a while, I was surprised to log in today to see gamespy appeared to be down? Has it been taken offline? Are there just no pc servers left? :(

Crying shame!
cG' French

Quote from: French on November 15, 2012, 02:13:27 PM
Hi all,

admittedly while I haven't played swbf for a while, I was surprised to log in today to see gamespy appeared to be down? Has it been taken offline? Are there just no pc servers left? :(

Crying shame!
cG' French

Well, after 8 years of online play, LucasArts decided to end the contract with Gamespy for the SWBF1 servers, and shut the master server down. So yes, the online gameplay has been disabled. However, you can still use Tunngle and GameRanger (two VLAN programs which both have SWBF servers up).

Hi all,

Crying shame!
cG' French
Yes French it is down, forever, but you can join via LAN, By downloading Tunngle or GameRanger.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Hi all,

Crying shame!
cG' French

Frenchie! :D

You picked a terrible time to load SWBF.

moved to the appropriate forum
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 15, 2012, 02:17:19 PM
Well, after 8 years of online play, LucasArts decided to end the contract with Gamespy for the SWBF1 servers, and shut the master server down. So yes, the online gameplay has been disabled. However, you can still use Tunngle and GameRanger (two VLAN programs which both have SWBF servers up).
Yeah it said to me [null]. I was like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derp.