Naboo: Province

Started by Ascertes, August 16, 2015, 03:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2015, 03:48:35 AM Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:59:28 PM by Ascertes
Naboo: Province

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1342

Welcome and thank you for downloading "NABOO: PROVINCE"!
This is a custom mod map for Star Wars Battlefront 1.

--Installation:---

1. Download the file.
2. Go to your downloads folder and extract the files with Nb1 and put them into your Lucasarts/Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn file.
3. Play!

---STORY:---

Clone Wars:

Naboo has been fully subjugated by the Trade Federation. Theed has been conquered without resistance, although the queen is now on the run. With the capital firmly in their control, the Trade Federation turns its attention to the other settlements of Naboo. At one such city, as the approaching Federation armies near, the local government turns over control of the city to the Federation without a fight. The RNSF contingent at this city is outraged, and immediately insistutes martial law. Fighting has broken out across the city. The Federation has all but secured the north half of the city, but a handful of determined defenders continues to hold the north side of the canal that splits the town. The RNSF has secured the entire southern half, as well as establishing a toehold at an outlying command post. The federation has secured a station someways up the river, hoping to perhaps blockade the southern half and cut off the reinforcements for the north shore. They have also taken up position upon a hill just south of the city. Battle lines have been drawn, but the situation for the Royal Guards is nigh on hopeles. However, they do not stand alone...

Galactic Civil War:

With the assassination of the newly elected queen of Naboo by the Empire, the Imperial forces have all but wiped out the military capabilities of the planet. Oppressed by the Imperial governors and unforgiving military moffs and officers, the RNSF at an outlying settlement have once again taken up arms to retain their independence, remembering all too well the occupation during the Clone Wars. Unwilling to be ground under the shined-boots of the Empire, resistance is forming. Their numbers however are not what they once were; they cannot risk taking the fight to the Empire alone or they will be stamped out almost immediately. As such, they send for help. The Rebel Alliance will answer. Smuggling a massive force into the city, rebel fighters supplement the bulk of the growing militia. Using the same tactics as practiced during the previous occupation, the alliance and the RNSF have secured a large portion of the city. The sudden outbreak of violence has stunned the Imperial overlords, and a chaotic battle is about to ensue.

----Credits:----

All work contained within this file are stock assets provided by Lucasarts and Pandemic. I have used no custom
content from any other modder.

-------Use of this Content-------
Use of anything contained in this file is welcome to be adjusted or otherwise altered by anyone who
wants to, so long as I receive credit for any said works.

--------Known Issues--------

1. The Gungans are missing their Voice Overs. Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

2. The Royal Guards are missing their sounds in the GCW era. Don't know how to fix this!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Sounds interesting, could we get some pictures? :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 19, 2015, 01:09:20 PM
Sounds interesting, could we get some pictures? :)

I really would if I knew how...the key command I have set currently is P, but whenever I click it the game just lags for a moment and nothing happens. There is no screenshots anywhere in any of my battlefront files so for that I am sorry :(

I don't know how to get them to work...if you know something or an alternative method please let me know :)

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

Try search for screenshots in this directory:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\ScreenShots
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on August 20, 2015, 04:18:30 PM
Try search for screenshots in this directory:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\ScreenShots

Yeah there is no ScreenShots folder. I even manually added one and tried to take screens and it didn't work  :td:

Quote from: Ascertes on August 20, 2015, 04:25:18 PM
Yeah there is no ScreenShots folder. I even manually added one and tried to take screens and it didn't work  :td:

Are you using windows 8 ?  It may try to protect the programs folder, and instead it may be in your APPDATA folder or something.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 20, 2015, 04:32:41 PM #6 Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:47:13 PM by Ascertes
Quote from: Led on August 20, 2015, 04:26:57 PM
Are you using windows 8 ?  It may try to protect the programs folder, and instead it may be in your APPDATA folder or something.

Yeah I'm using win8. I'll take a look :)

EDIT: Yeah I've got nothing...

EDIT2: I could take pictures of the map in Zeroeditor. Would these work?

Well I decided to go with pictures of it in Zeroeditor. Here is what I took (white circles are flowers and things, and the trees do have leaves I assure you! :D):

That looks great! I really like how you combined the plains of Naboo with the terranean cities!

I'll admit I haven't downloaded or played the map yet, but those pictures really do make me want to download it now ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 20, 2015, 07:16:14 PM
That looks great! I really like how you combined the plains of Naboo with the terranean cities!

I'll admit I haven't downloaded or played the map yet, but those pictures really do make me want to download it now ;)

Thanks Cham (or Ultimo, whatever you prefer  :shrug: ) I think the part I'm most proud of with this map is the canal and how I set that up. Let me know what you think should you download it :)

Nice map :tu:, I like the design and it reminds me of Naboo Prototype kinda. For pics you can try installing Bandicam, assign a hotkey to take picture ingame and it will save as JPG or PNG format. SWBF ingame screenshot saves as TGA which is about 6mb per file (on high res).

August 21, 2015, 09:11:11 AM #11 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:35:41 AM by Ascertes
Quote from: Phobos on August 21, 2015, 12:29:59 AM
Nice map :tu:, I like the design and it reminds me of Naboo Prototype kinda. For pics you can try installing Bandicam, assign a hotkey to take picture ingame and it will save as JPG or PNG format. SWBF ingame screenshot saves as TGA which is about 6mb per file (on high res).

Ah thanks! I tried searching for the pics by file type but didn't find anything, but I didn't try TGA. I'll have another look at it and try to solve this mystery.

EDIT: Found them! They were in the appdata folder like Led said, unfortunately I have no program to view them with given the TGA format, and this appdata folder doesn't show up where it says it is located (IK you can enable it somehow...but I don't remember) :blink:

Ah well, I guess that's not necessary anyways.

Quote from: Ascertes on August 21, 2015, 09:11:11 AM
unfortunately I have no program to view them with given the TGA format
http://www.gimp.org/
Quote from: Ascertes on August 21, 2015, 09:11:11 AMand this appdata folder doesn't show up where it says it is located (IK you can enable it somehow...but I don't remember) :blink:
Go to control panel -> folder options. In the 'view' tab, check "show hidden files and folders", then click ok and all hidden files and folders will be visible. (At least that's how you do it in Windows XP, IDK if they changed it in 8.)

Now onto the map itself. I agree with Phobos that it's reminiscent of Naboo: Prototype. I love the mixture of urban and natural environments, the map is quite beautiful visually. The gameplay was solid and seems pretty balanced. Another plus is the it doesn't have all the problems a lot of big maps have, the battle doesn't run for way too long and you're never too far away from the action.  My only complaints are with the sides: I think the naboo guards should be modified to be more like the normal playable units, give the rifleman a pistol, give the pilot some health and ammo packs and maybe another primary weapon. Also, Dooku seems really out of place in this battle, I suggest removing him or replacing him with someone else.

All-in-all, though, this is easily the best map you've done so far.  :)

August 21, 2015, 10:26:27 AM #13 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:28:37 AM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Quote from: Led on August 20, 2015, 04:26:57 PM
I was able to "Run as Administrator" and get it to have permission to save files to the gamedata/screenshots/ folder.

Also, I think the folder Led refers to is:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\ScreenShots

It is safe to delete the LucasArts folder from the VirtualStore, as it just causes issues saving profiles and uninstalling mods.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 21, 2015, 10:16:30 AM
http://www.gimp.org/Go to control panel -> folder options. In the 'view' tab, check "show hidden files and folders", then click ok and all hidden files and folders will be visible. (At least that's how you do it in Windows XP, IDK if they changed it in 8.)

Now onto the map itself. I agree with Phobos that it's reminiscent of Naboo: Prototype. I love the mixture of urban and natural environments, the map is quite beautiful visually. The gameplay was solid and seems pretty balanced. Another plus is the it doesn't have all the problems a lot of big maps have, the battle doesn't run for way too long and you're never too far away from the action.  My only complaints are with the sides: I think the naboo guards should be modified to be more like the normal playable units, give the rifleman a pistol, give the pilot some health and ammo packs and maybe another primary weapon. Also, Dooku seems really out of place in this battle, I suggest removing him or replacing him with someone else.

All-in-all, though, this is easily the best map you've done so far.  :)

Thank you very much for both the compliments and improvement suggestions! Feedback both positive and negative is always appreciated.

I really would like to modify the Royal Guards, but I don't know how...side modding/creating is something that is currently beyond my skill level, though I would really like to learn as I think I've reached the end of my rope with what I can do with stock sides. As for Dooku...I think that's an oversight on my part (oops.) When I re-release this map in the future, (and I will once, but no ETA atm) your feedback will be taken to heart.

Thank you again for taking the time to give feedback :) It's how us as modders improve.

In addition, I now have some in-game screenshots for you all!