Jedi vs Clones: Temple Assault 1.0 (mission map)

Started by Napseeker, August 04, 2009, 01:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 04, 2009, 01:36:01 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:23:36 AM by Napseeker
This re-release is the 1.0 final version. You can report any bugs to this thread (but please read the "Known Bugs and Problems" section below first).  Version 1.0 was first released back in May 2008 and this is the same version which I am reuploading again since Filefront has deleted my files off its server.  If you have the mappack from 2008, this is the same one and you don't need to grab it again.

There are many improvements to JvC since the release of beta1 back in January 2007. Here are just a few of the major changes that were added for beta2:

NEW for beta2:
- Mission maps for the Jedi Temple map and other maps!  There will be several different missions that come with this release so that gamers will enjoy a nice bit of variety and interesting challenges. Some are aimed at single player only and some at multiplayer. A description of the various missions is given in the documentation.

- Heroes Unleashed!  This is a cool feature which lets gamers have access to more than just the standard five units per side. For the first time in SWBF1, gamers can pick from up to 8 units per team!  I am splitting it up so that four units will be generic soldiers/Jedi and four will be hero units (these have FAR better powers and skills but can't capture CPs nor can they give orders to the soldiers to capture CPs for them!). IMPORTANT: Unfortunately Heroes Unleashed only works in single-player missions. I tried testing it under multiplayer and it crashed the game! So unless I can find a fix, there will sadly be no multiplayer matches with HU support.

- New units! JvC includes many new soldiers and Jedi created or ported specifically for this release: 501st Clone Sniper, 501st Clone Commander, Twilek Jedi, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Red Royal Guard, Shaak-Ti, Cin Drallig, and much more. Many of these units come with new weapons and Force abilities too!

FIXES:
- I have spent a huge amount of time fixing SOME of the collision problems with the Jedi Temple map. Gamers will now be able to fight on the second floor of the library for the first time! Also, I fixed the collision on the floor of the main hallway so that your feet do not sink below the floor and I added some collision to the walls in the war room so that if you use force push in there, your unit doesn't accidentally get pushed beyond the walls and off the map into a death region.  I did not fix everything simply because of how incredibly time consuming and tedious it was, so I focused only on the areas which I thought were most important. The computer room is still not totally fixed but I did put in a few new collision zones in a few places so that you can't just run straight through all the computer cores.

- localization has also been added to the Jedi Temple map so that the CPs now have actual names (e.g. "Jedi Council Chambers", "Meditation Chamber", "Computer Room", etc).

NEW FOR version 1.0 final: (these changes were made as a result of feedback for the beta 2.0 release in Apr 2008)

- the clonetrooper's thermal detonator now explodes a little sooner than before in order to give Jedi less time to run away
- Tactical Ops clonetrooper (pilot) now can see most, if not all, of the enemy units on the map; has also been given more ammo for his blaster rifle.
- Jedi Healer/Pilot now has 5 instead of 3 homing lightsabers BUT I have increased the reload time from 1.5 seconds to 3.5 seconds (I want to encourage gamers to not camp near the ammo droid)
- the Needlespray Cannon has been altered to fire more often, but do less damage; a new sound effect is used when the cannon is fired
- Darth Sidious's Force Lightning has been modified so that gamers can't fire it continuously to quickly wipe out other players. Now if you fire it for too long, the lightning will "overheat" and require you to wait a long time before you can use it again. This should encourage gamers to fire bursts of lightning instead of spraying it constantly non-stop. The damage each lightning blast has also been weakened so that Sidious can't easily wipe out huge numbers of enemies as quickly (to be fairer to the other team in multiplayer matches).
- Mace Windu's Force Quake has been tweaked so that you cannot repeatedly fire it at enemies to quickly wipe them out. If you overuse it, the Force Quake will overheat and require you to wait a long time before it can be fired again.
- reinforcement bleeding has been added to the multiplayer missions (single player missions still do not bleed reinforcements)
- additional credits added; small changes to the description of the units in this file (to reflect the 1.0 modifications)
- Yoda has been modified from beta2. He now leaps faster and for a farther distance BUT the recharge time for his jumps is slower. The gamer can use the force jump to get to his destination faster (since Yoda does run quite slow) or reserve his jumps for emergencies like dodging enemy grenades and beam attacks. The idea is to now make the gamer think carefully about using their force jump - if you use up all of it to reach your enemy target faster, you may have no quick way to jump far enough away from an enemy grenade when it is tossed at you.  This also gives the clonetrooper team a fair chance to kill the Yoda unit as well (since his deflect-attack saber is quite powerful as a weapon for both defence and attack).  I've also increased Yoda's speed and acceleration in this release.

Yoda has also been given an additional weapon: the weak force push (same power as seen in the Padawan unit). The push does little damage to the enemy but it topples them down onto the ground where they stand and gives Yoda the time to run over and slash them. Or, you can use it as part of a cool combo attack: force push the enemy down and immediately throw Yoda's saber to kill them from afar. So unlike in beta2, the enemy can't easily dodge the saber throw since they are disoriented from Yoda's force push (and hopefully this will resolve any complaints about the saber throw being too slow that the enemy can see it coming and jump out of the way). The force push will also cause the jettrooper to fall out of the sky and land on the ground where you can now attack him.

The difference between the regular Yoda and the Unleashed Yoda unit: the unleashed unit has unlimited saber throws and a more powerful force push that does damage to enemies.

NOTES:
- if you are playing single-player (i.e. playing against AI bots) I recommend that you play on the Medium difficulty setting. This is because on Hard, I've noticed that the clones are able to fire more rapidly and far too accurately that the Jedi team has no fair chance to use their force powers before they are mowed down. I designed the missions in my mod with the Medium difficulty setting in mind.
- however if you do want to play on Hard I recommend the Temple Assault (2) mission (CW era) and playing as the Yoda unit. Yoda is probably the only Jedi unit that the gamer can play as who has a chance at surviving on the Hard setting and winning against the clones. You'll need to use the force jump often since the clones toss grenades at Yoda like crazy. As well, don't forget that as you leap and are in mid-air, swinging your saber while near an enemy even before your feet have touched the ground will still kill them. And of course, keep your crosshairs pointed at the clones so that when you auto-deflect their shots, the deflected bolts have a better chance at hitting the enemy back.

DOWNLOAD:

http://rapidshare.com/files/263748098/JvC_1.0_Final__see_Readme_.rar

(Here are the maps you also need to install to use my mission map)
http://rapidshare.com/files/263981541/cor1_JediTemple.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/263982964/corus1_CoruscantCity.zip

Thanks for reuploading these, Napseeker. :cheers: I lost a lot of these when the old computer crashed, so this is really nice.  :tu:

Yay finally more mission maps are popping up :) This one looks awesome :) Cant wait to massacre the jedi :) bu I have to wait 15 min. :( for the other one to finish up :(

Wow, Wicked!
Can't wait to play it! Downloading now...

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

Thanks guys, and I've updated my post above to also include the links to download the maps you will need in order to play my mission map:

http://rapidshare.com/files/263981541/cor1_JediTemple.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/263982964/corus1_CoruscantCity.zip

So, is there anything new or is this just a re-post?

It's an upload, it wasn't up on here fully in the first place.

khy<3, it's just a re-release.  I edited my first post above to make sure people understand that and don't download it again if they already have it.  If I ever come up with some new Jedi units (e.g. Saesee Tiin would be nice to have for the arrest of Palpatine map) and new gameplay ideas, I would definitely release an update to JvC.

hey napseeker i was wondering where "Jedi Master Nap Seek-r" came from in the lore, ;) nice sneaking that in der

Legends say that on the day that Order66 was issued, Jedi Master Nap Seek-r was in the back of the Jedi archives taking a... (you guessed it)... nap.  Hearing a commotion from out front, the sounds of gunfire and the screams of younglings, he knew he had to quickly investigate. 

Unfortunately, being only half-awake, he didn't realize he had his lightsaber facing the wrong way when he ignited it and instantly cut himself in half, a la Darth Maul.  Due to the loss of so many Jedi lives on that day, all having assumed to have died at the hands of clones or the Sith, Master Nap Seek-r's true story has never been known until now.

The JvC mod attempts to obscure history by making the sleep-deprived Jedi Master into a more active combatant during the storming of the Jedi Temple.  He died bravely, alongside his fellow Jedi, and not alone in a dark corner of the archives, with his torso toppled over a half-eaten sandwich. So now you know the real purpose of the mod!  ::)

:o And all this time......i though it was just because we're all star wars junkies at heart... Ill never look at your mods the same way Nap.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

:worship: napseeker, that is by far the best story i've ever heard....
glorious, thank you for helping to inform the masses of the rarely known jedi fatalities.

October 07, 2009, 07:05:56 PM #13 Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 07:07:45 PM by Jon415
any way to post this on any website other than fileshare?
i HATE RTHE STUPID "BUY PREMIUM MEWMBERSHIP AND U DONT HAVE TO WAIT"

I've offered Napseeker FTP access here to upload his files, but he hasn't responded to it.

Unfortunately, there really isn't too much I can do about that. If you have Firefox, install the Skipscreen addon. Just open the window in another tab and wait for a few minutes- Skipscreen will do everything for you.

If not, and it's really that important to you, I'll see if I can get it moved over to another host for you temporarily. Just send me a PM.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)