ODF-Editor 2.3

Started by RepComm, November 10, 2012, 07:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
ODF-Editor 2.3

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=823

This is a bit like notepad, I know you can open ODFs with alot of programs, but I spent alot of time making this (from "scrap") and I am really excited when my applications work out, so I'm posting it here, for your use.
It can find strings by clicking the Find button, open a file by the Open button (or F9),
F1 shows the game information (and credits).

yoyogames.com (GM8.1 the programmer)
-RepublicCommando- (buying programmer, learning script, creating app)
-IsmAvatar-  (helping me with script errors.)
SWBFgamers.com

How do i use this? my files are notepad files?  ???
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: ComSharpshot on November 10, 2012, 07:59:31 AM
How do i use this? my files are notepad files?  ???

just use notepad.  This is just a home-made text editor.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Exactly, its just homemade, with a bit of grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape...
Its basicly the same as notepad, but I created it from scrap GML coding (game maker language)
Not really useful, but I am about to add some more features, I just wanted to show what I've been doing so far.

Edit:: Why is there a topic JUST like this, but without the description... I only posted this once.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 12, 2012, 01:03:47 PM
Exactly, its just homemade, with a bit of grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape...
Its basicly the same as notepad, but I created it from scrap GML coding (game maker language)
Not really useful, but I am about to add some more features, I just wanted to show what I've been doing so far.

Edit:: Why is there a topic JUST like this, but without the description... I only posted this once.

You submitted the same file twice, apparently.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

:P
Critisizm, first.

It's a txt editor, not really tailored to odfs.

To push it that way, you could add some context sensitive coloring features, that colored ODF keywords one color and data another color.

Perhaps an ODF template command that lays out a generic ODF for different uses.

As for your choice of development platform.. GameMaker.. Cool!
I bought a copy just before he sold it to YoYoGames. (Version 6.something)

It's a fun environment, and now that YoYo  has it, it's a nice starting point for cross platform development.

Quote from: tirpider on November 12, 2012, 07:05:22 PM
... you could add some context sensitive coloring features, that colored ODF keywords one color and data another color.
Perhaps an ODF template command that lays out a generic ODF for different uses.
Yes, thats exactly what I had in mind!, and a few other things, like if you start typing a line, it tries to figure out what you are typing, and a little list of recognized lines appears in a little box next to your cursor, and if there is an error, that could crash the game, it would highlight it in bright RED.