ASTEROID: MINING FACILITY

Started by SleepKiller, March 18, 2012, 04:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ASTEROID: MINING FACILITY

In this map you'll find yourself either defending or attacking a mining station during the clone wars.

Back story - The CIS have located a secret mining station of the Republic. They are attempting to siege it. The CIS have secured the landing platforms, the small garrison is rushing to secure the mine entrance. Whichever side gets it first will receive a huge advantage in the battle. The Republic's perimeter defences have shot down a Techno Union ship both sides should aim to secure it. A near by rock outcrop also servers as an excellent staging point securing it will allow both teams snipers optimal vantage points.

Download Link

nice!  we will use it for the next Mod Map night.   8)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

This goes without saying but, this is a awesome map!

Very Nice, well done SleepKiller.

I love this map, very nice, how/where did you get the cave in Picture #2 ?
Pretty neat!

My guess is a re-skined SWBFII geonosis tunnel.

Looks like the place where the star fighters are kept in hoth.

Oh goodie! Another mod map for me to try out! :D

Quote from: Buckler on March 18, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
we will use it for the next Mod Map night
When will it be ? In case we do this event....
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

February 07, 2013, 06:08:34 AM #9 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:10:09 AM by {212th} Norris
Quote from: Peanut on February 07, 2013, 03:45:21 AM
Looks like the place where the star fighters are kept in hoth.
That's what I was thinking, at least those lights in the cave are from hoth for sure.

Looks great SleepKiller! Not sure how I missed this map earlier, can't wait to try it  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Buckler on March 18, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
nice!  we will use it for the next Mod Map night.   8)
Quote from: {U.E.F}Anyder | BVBArmy on February 07, 2013, 06:04:39 AM
When will it be ? In case we do this event....
Check the date... that was months ago.. before the gamespy stuff went out.
It was fun though.  A really groovy map.  Makes you wish you had a flashlight.

Quote from: tirpider on February 07, 2013, 06:43:35 AM
Check the date... that was months ago.. before the gamespy stuff went out.
It was fun though.  A really groovy map.  Makes you wish you had a flashlight.

Heh, I suppose we could have those again.  The whole gamespy thing has thrown me off.  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

February 07, 2013, 09:59:22 AM #12 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:24:43 AM by -RepublicCommando-
That sounds like a plan :o
--
I noticed while playing this last night, that the stars twinkle in multiplayer LAN, If I recall correctly, Phobos tried to get stars to twinkle in a map, but they failed to do so in multiplayer, has sleepkiller found the solution?

Edit: read bellow this

February 07, 2013, 10:29:48 AM #13 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:54:56 AM by Phobos
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 07, 2013, 09:59:22 AM
That sounds like a plan :o
--
I noticed while playing this last night, that the stars twinkle in multiplayer LAN, If I recall correctly, Phobos tried to get stars to twinkle in a map, but they failed to do so in multiplayer, has sleepkiller found the solution?
You are incorrect, I have found out how to get them working in MP since that map was released. The sky for that map was not configured properly.

The stars in this map (mining facility) twinkle online but its very subtle and in the background more. The stars for my newest map skin twinkle online at a fast rate almost like flickering.

Usually they twinkle online if you are the host but not if you are joining a server as a client. And if someone join your server they stop twinkling. But you have to have the sky set up properly even for this to work. My older map skins didn't have that functionality.