Can we eliminate low res animation?

Started by MileHighGuy, May 19, 2014, 06:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 19, 2014, 06:20:26 PM Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:42:00 PM by MileHighGuy
thanks to tirpider we have eliminated the evil that is low res unit models. Can we do the same for animation?
I experimented with replacing the basepose and renaming all the high res animation mshs to their low res counterparts. It didn't really lead anywhere, they were funky looking ingame.

Does anyone have insight onto this issue?

May 26, 2014, 08:31:18 AM #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:06:01 AM by MileHighGuy
So by modifying the common.lvl I was able to disguise high res animations as low res, and with a custom side i also made the unit odfs only use their high res models. IT WORKED! sorta. With human units it looks fine, but with droids they get crunched up into a little ball. I will keep trying new things.

EDIT: i have almost fixed the droids problem,except they now use human animations for low res which looks weird.

July 22, 2014, 11:24:22 PM #2 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:30:02 AM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 19, 2014, 06:20:26 PM
thanks to tirpider we have eliminated the evil that is low res unit models. Can we do the same for animation?
I experimented with replacing the basepose and renaming all the high res animation mshs to their low res counterparts. It didn't really lead anywhere, they were funky looking ingame.

Does anyone have insight onto this issue?

This is the first I've heard of this. How is it done, may I ask? Because previously trying to swap out models by putting the high-res model's msh in place of the low-res model's msh in the ODF file doesn't work.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

done with this program (super easy to do)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6680.0

I already made a side mod that replaces all low res, I will release shortly.