jumping on wall mounted mines?

Started by MileHighGuy, May 11, 2014, 11:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
 I was wondering it it was possible to make a mine type weapon that you could jump on? I saw a video a long time ago of a guy placing mines on walls and jumping on them to get up the wall.

I suspect it is possible.  An easy way to check would be to change the geometry/collision scale of the existing mine to make it bigger to see if you can climb on top of it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I replaced the mine geometry and I could walk through it, and could not jump on it. I could shoot it though. It seems like the mine class makes it so there is no soldier collision.

I added

SoldierCollision      = "p_collision" (p_collision is in my model)

and it did nothing.

anyone got any more ideas?

You can dispense vehicles and walk on them, so there must be a way :)

Might have been something fixed with the 1.2 update.. I've never been able to achieve or see anyone do it live before, because I play on 1.2

If it's because of the update, then you might check and see how odfs vary from despencer and mine despencer, then health and ammo odf from mine placed odf.

-At first I thought you meant like grenade jumping :P

I am almost sure: ordance can't have a soldier collision.
Perhaps, if somebody made a video about this, it's may be was a some fake mines. Possibly, instead of droid dispencer, somebody made an armoredbuilding dispencer, and give a mine geometry for it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I have heard of a player talking about "mine climbing" a long time ago, but I have never been able to do it nor have I ever seen it done.

Quote from: HardcoreSome tricks about mines, are "Mine Throwing" and "Mine Climbing" first off mine climbing can be done by setting a mine on a wall and then attempting to jump on it, normally you want to set the mine about face hight, you can stand on the model and this will allow you to climb up to places a rocket trooper normally could not reach.

I googled it and it led back to this site

HardCore still visits us from time to time--you could send him a PM and see if he has actually done it.

I would like to believe I saw somebody doing this in one of my early years of SWBF.
However, it was all 1.2 for me.
But, and I could be wrong, I do honestly think I remember seeing this happen by another player while playing on the map Rhen Var Harbor.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I'm most interested about the modding side of it... I want to be able to recreate it so I can use the mines as barricades

Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 11, 2014, 07:41:47 PM
I'm most interested about the modding side of it... I want to be able to recreate it so I can use the mines as barricades
That sounds like a fun idea. :D

Also, thinking into it, if the mines have no player collision, that was probably an update fix so mines couldn't be dropped and stuck onto players. That, in many ways, could be obstructing on view, obstructing on movement ability, and even obstructing in a deadly way for games with TK off. You would literally be a walking land mine. LOL
But yeah. We need to reverse this puppy and kick it back into collision. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Didn't we decide that it could be done in PS2 version?  That would seem to make sense.  Guess later today I'll have to break out the PS2 and see.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.