SWBF War!

Started by Breakdown, October 23, 2010, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright imperials only need one more player! Rebels still need quite a few, I'll let each team have 18 players though, rather than 16 which woul dbe the ingame limit. Because in all reality, it's HIGHLY doubtful everyone on a team will be able to make it.

Sign me up for Empire, please. I got news of this SWBF War from my member {501st}Mbr.Festus (I don't know what his name is on MPC). He told me to sign up to empire, but I don't know what this is exactly. So, if somebody could give me a 101 on this, I would really appreciate it. Either post it here or on my clan's site. Here is the link:

www.fivehundredandfirst-legion.webs.com

We consider ourselves as one of the finest clans on the Mac side of SWBF as of now (not to brag or anything :P lol). So, any help on this subject would be appreciated and, if you would like, you can post advertisements on our site. Just PM me there and I can make a page dedicated to MPCGamers advertisements and events. Thanks and I hope this can be the start of a great friendship.

~(501st)Ldr.Gree
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Quote from: (501st)Ldr.Gree on October 28, 2010, 08:41:05 PM

We consider ourselves as one of the finest clans on the Mac side of SWBF as of now (not to brag or anything :P lol).

There are still SWBF clans on mac?

Read the first post and you can see all the rules :)

Signed up for the Empire. All spots are filled! 2 extra spots will be available, but Empire enlistment is closed until Rebel's get filled up.

there are like 2 clans :P

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Haha yeah. It's pretty much The (501st) Legion and {AoD}. Were just trying to keep the game alive  8) haha. Does JediKiller play SWBF anymore?

~(501st)Ldr.Gree

i dont think anyone here plays SWBF reglurly anymore. JK doesnt either :)

Aw, to bad. I thought you were coming back sometime soon. Changed your mind?

~(501st)Ldr.Gree

Do macs play sniper only with no-cp? Or do they play old school with all units and cps?
:wub: Old school  :wub:

Quote from: cG' Puma on October 28, 2010, 08:59:18 PM
Do macs play sniper only with no-cp? Or do they play old school with all units and cps?
:wub: Old school  :wub:

We mostly do all units (but most of the time jets and special troopers like that are excluded or considered "nooby" so we normally don't do those) but we NEVER do CPs. Unless, for some reason, we are playing with bots lol.

~(501st)Ldr.Gree

Well if thats the case you might want to practice that ;) This war is cps and all units  :wub:

i think we should have a platform war. Im downloading swbf for PC as we speak and ill be playing all day tomarrow on xfire to get ready for this

Welcome to MPC, Gree. :)

Most of the time the older mac vets like no CPs - all units from what I've seen from my brief forays onto GR. At least that's the name of the game with CC. CPs are probably allowed with most other maps like mustafar, utapau, citadel. Haven't seen one of those maps played in ages, though.

I've heard pretty much everything from blasters to droidekas called nooby. Personally, I put zero stock in any of it. All units can be taken down. All it takes is some skill and a little bit of know-how on how the units work. Zappies, jets, blobbies, sure they're dangerous, just means you have to watch yourself. Doesn't mean the other player's a noob. You can kill him, he can kill you. It's the same as with all units. Jet troopers for example have low health. Makes blasting them down with a blaster not that difficult.

Each unit has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some people have used one unit more than others, which makes them naturally better with the individual units. It's called skill, not noobiness. If you can't beat someone using a particular type of unit, it just means you need to get better, not that the other needs to stop using his unit of choice.

Personally, I like variety. Blasters, blobbies, missiles, all make good sport. Once you get over the notion that you should have a positive score for reputation's sake things get a lot funner, IMHO.

Looking forward to this getting started. Haven't played a decent sized SWBF game in a long time. Btw, BD, might want to leave some spots open. It's perfectly plausible we might pick up stray players wanting to join for a couple maps and then disappearing again. I kinda doubt MF will be joining, but it might be nice to leave it possible for people like him who aren't interested in signing up the option of participating.

Thanks Rhino and yeah, I know. I do play on hard on SP alot when nobody is on GR and I do really well (EX: 73 kills 0 deaths 3 CPs with a grunt). I can hold my own one on one versus anybody with them using any unit and I personally don't care if that person uses a jettie or any other of those classes as long as it is an even match (EX: 3.vs.3 or 1.vs.1). There is only one exception to this. Like, one time, I was playing these three guys (3.vs.1) and the score was 192-174 me and this one guy started using a jet and I didn't really care since I was pwning them so bad :P. But if you know Darth Bubba (the only guy on Mac SWBF that gives me a great challenge one on one) he started using a jet in a 2.vs.1 (the one being me) and I got kinda pissed since Darth was so good anyway. But, I still held my own :P lol. But, almost all the time I'm cool with it. Doesn't mean I won't get annoyed, but I'll live with it  8) lol. Are we allowed to use any class in this SWBF War thing? Like, are there really any rules once we are on the battlefront?

~(501st)Ldr.Gree

We can use any class during the War. Rules: (If we are playing by MPC rules) No cursing is the main one. Not much else I can think of. In the tournys we have had Spawn killing/CP mining so I'm not sure what goes.

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.