Offer: Learn to mod

Started by Snake, May 07, 2013, 02:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Since the SWBF community is continuing to get smaller, I find that it's a lot funner to stick around when you know how to mod. I rarely play SWBF but I am active in the community because I love modding. Since I am now winding down my career, I wanted to offer if anyone would like to learn how to mod and/or map. I learned stuff like mission.lvl modding but I find that regular modding and mapping is much more fun. I'm not restarting my academy because that was just too much work, but if anyone wants to learn, I will be their question answerer and pointer to the right tools-er. If you would like to learn just post and make sure you add me as a friend on xfire.

I had always wanted to learn modding when I played SWBF but no one would ever take the time to teach me. Finally, Jango taught me a few basic things and I taught myself most of what I know today. (SWBFgamers taught me a LOT too.) So since no one wanted to teach me when I was a newbie at modding, I'm not returning the favor. :P

I will require you to read some tutorials, but I'm not going to teach you by saying "read this" but I will point you to tutorials for basic things.

My xfire: aatcsnake
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

i might sometimes have questions of editing something, so if u can add me on xfire plz
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

May 07, 2013, 03:40:44 PM #2 Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:48:48 PM by samsung
I would like to know how to mod better. I think I've got most of the basics down, I've modded bes.lvl, side.lvls, shell.lvl, and common.lvl. I still have trouble with crosshair modding and modding simple things because I don't know where they are located(color of shots). also I have alot of trouble with core.lvl modding. and I still can't figure out how to mod stock maps with bfbuilder (I'm used to Phobos bes.lvl builder). oh and wookie hands...wookie hands >.< . I already got you on xfire so hopefully I'll catch you on.

May 07, 2013, 04:51:03 PM #3 Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:54:40 PM by Josh
Next summer I may get a new PC, could you give me a tutorial then? I don't have xfire nor do I want it, FB instead?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Anyder on May 07, 2013, 02:37:41 PM
i might sometimes have questions of editing something, so if u can add me on xfire plz

Sure thing!

Quote from: samsung on May 07, 2013, 03:40:44 PM
I would like to know how to mod better. I think I've got most of the basics down, I've modded bes.lvl, side.lvls, shell.lvl, and common.lvl. I still have trouble with crosshair modding and modding simple things because I don't know where they are located(color of shots). also I have alot of trouble with core.lvl modding. and I still can't figure out how to mod stock maps with bfbuilder (I'm used to Phobos bes.lvl builder). oh and wookie hands...wookie hands >.< . I already got you on xfire so hopefully I'll catch you on.

I'm talking about making side mods and maps. None of the .lvl editing stuff. I learned to do all that a while ago but I found it so annoying that I quit doing it. :P

Quote from: Josh on May 07, 2013, 04:51:03 PM
Next summer I may get a new PC, could you give me a tutorial then? I don't have xfire nor do I want it, FB instead?

Sure, if I'm still around. :P I don't have a Facebook, but we can just PM here or you can post on my webs thing.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What program(s) do I need to begin making side mods?

Quote from: samsung on May 07, 2013, 05:49:52 PM
What program(s) do I need to begin making side mods?

I'm working on uploading some mod tools that I put together so as soon as that is up, download that.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I would love to take this offer up but I've never been able to use mod tools due to the "Battlefront must be installed" stuff.

Theres a paych for that. Its the bopc fix

Quote from: Roxas on May 07, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
I would love to take this offer up but I've never been able to use mod tools due to the "Battlefront must be installed" stuff.

Yeah, I had the same problem. It is fixable!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on May 07, 2013, 06:18:35 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem. It is fixable!
I've tried fixing it numerous times but it just never worked for me.

May 08, 2013, 04:45:12 AM #11 Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:48:23 AM by Shazam
I know how to mod most things, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could guide me step-by-step through downloading BFBuilder, Zero Editor, and the other things I will need to make maps. I have downloaded everything a few times but could never get it working, so I've just deleted it...

And I would like some help with ODF editing and skinning tips so I can get better. :)

Quote from: samsung on May 07, 2013, 03:40:44 PM
oh and wookie hands...wookie hands >.<
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Quote from: Shazam on May 08, 2013, 04:45:12 AM
I know how to mod most things, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could guide me step-by-step through downloading BFBuilder, Zero Editor, and the other things I will need to make maps. I have downloaded everything a few times but could never get it working, so I've just deleted it...

And I would like some help with ODF editing and skinning tips so I can get better. :)
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Alright, if you guys can't find me on xfire and you have a question just post here or on thesnakesite.webs.com and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Quote from: samsung on May 07, 2013, 03:40:44 PMwookie hands...wookie hands >.<

Wookie hands
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Im with roxas and shazam, ive tried every fix for zero editor but I could never get it working, its annoying, otherwise I probably would of been mapping by now, oh well. I might have a few questions here and there, ill add you. Oh and thanks for this topic :P.

I thought that topic wasn't solved.