[SOLVED] Munging issues

Started by Snake, April 30, 2010, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 30, 2010, 02:30:27 PM Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:12:42 PM by Snake
Well I am trying to munge my map but it keeps getting stuck on _CreateShadowMesh<lod:0>: Created hires shadow <4388 verts 19630 edges> and it just stays there, ive been letting it do it's thing for nearly 35 minutes now, it being stuck on that for about 30 of the 35 minutes. Could really use some help!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

That's the fault of a model you're using. Likely it's a custom one. The munger is attempting to create something for the model which should have been there in the first place. It will take a long time. If it takes over an hour then I would remove the model, remunge, and check if the problem is still there.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

April 30, 2010, 04:32:06 PM #2 Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:42:11 PM by Snake
Allright thank you JediKiller, I will try this.

------
sometimes it munges normally with no catches and I try the map and the cp's don't appear. I have done nothing to the map before it stopped working except add Nikoli's heli (And those should work) and a model from Caleb1117 I think it may be this since it acts weird in ze but why would it stop munge sometimes and not? And then why, when it allows it to munge, does the cps dissappear? Strage..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I can almost guarantee that it's Caleb's model. I can confirm my suspicions for sure if you tell me which model and/or post the .msh.option, but it's likely that it's using an .option tag to force a shadowvolume to be generated from the LOD 0 model (the highest poly version of the model; the visible one). Usually a shadowvolume is a lowpoly model that preserves only the basic shape of a model; if you're using a high-res shadow it can take a long time to munge. Don't ever stop a munge, just wait for it to finish (because it will finish eventually).

April 30, 2010, 08:04:45 PM #4 Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:41:15 PM by Snake
Oh I stopped it several times...  :( It is the Tusken Enclave from his At Large assets. Lol it doesn't have a msh.option file but when I open it's msh it crashes notepad and it looks very dark in ZE. I am removing it and remunging to see how this works.

___
Yep it was the tusken enclave, thanks! I hope he can fix that up sometime...  >:(
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder