How do i use FreeCam?

Started by TK4791, December 23, 2009, 02:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I downloaded Free Cam from Filefront and i dont know where to put it or anything please help someone. Thnx.

If it is a common.lvl file it goes under C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\Common. Remember to rename your original to originalcommon.lvl k. I press esc while in game and access the free camera. I don't have it now. It would only let me go right left and foward and back. Because I could not go up or down it was not what I thought it was.

Hmmm, ok thanks. Where did you get your Free Cam at. I got mine from filefront and it doesnt work. When ever i try to play it crashes.

Do you have an account with gametoast?

December 23, 2009, 02:39:40 AM #4 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:41:21 AM by TK4791
Yes.

I find a lot of help here. You want BattleBelk's Freecamera mod (SWBF1). Inorder to search for stuff in the brown gametoast forums section you need an account in the grey gametoast website. Once I log in to the grey gametoast I click the forums and that takes me to the brown forums. By the way, to go up and down click
Camera controls:
"Backspace" pause/unpause
"-" - slow speed
"+" - faster speed
"W", "S", "A", "D" - forward, backward, right, left
"Home" up
"End" down

ok thanks but this is the same one i downloaded.

Once you open it with a 7zip program like Winwar 3.80 take the common.lvl and replace it like I showed in earlier post.

December 23, 2009, 03:11:34 AM #10 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:13:35 AM by TK4791
Does the  7zip file zipped? With a zipper on it?

I have that unzip program and the one that comes with windows to open stuff.

The Free Cam file wasnt zipped. Was it suppose to be? Hmmm, even when i replace the common file with the free cam file my game just crashes.

I have a three cd disk game set for swbf1. What disk do you have?

What is the name of the file you are replacing common.lvl with? If you are replacing it with the free_cam.7z it will not work.

You will need to download 7zip if you are a Windows user. If you are a Mac, I will give you an alternative.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)