Very Strange SPTEST Logs

Started by Phobos, December 09, 2009, 01:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 09, 2009, 01:29:06 PM Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:41:38 PM by xshat
 :censored:

All the 'HandleMouseRecurse' jargon is just some random thing that spews out whenever you click something that isn't intended to be clicked. Ignore it.

The other stuff seems to be related to a model. I assume this is your rancor that you're trying to convert.

The only thing that seems serious is the last two, which say that you're missing the files that some of your first person stuff points to. It should be there, but apparently it isn't. Fix that.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: xshat on December 09, 2009, 03:18:34 PMBut these level 3 lines here
Message Severity: 3
.\platform\pc\pcFirstPerson.cpp(60)
FirstPerson::LoadLVLFile: Could not open FPM\com\repgunnr.lvl

Message Severity: 3
.\platform\pc\pcFirstPerson.cpp(60)
FirstPerson::LoadLVLFile: Could not open FPM\hovernaut\hovernaut.lvl

I am really trying to fix, but nothing seems to work. For example, the repgunnr.lvl i tried to fix by going into Sides\All\Req\FPM\ then creating a folder called COM then pasting the repgunnr.req. And for the hovernaut, that was already in the alliance folder so what is the solution?

PS the trooper transports crash the game in fullscreen but in SPtest there is no problem at all.
If it is anything like the similar error from SWBF2 (I believe it is), then that (second) error is simply the result of a "hack" psych0fred (or whoever built the side with his assets) used to force a first-person model to be loaded directly from an addon side. You can safely ignore it, and you can probably ignore most Sev 3 FPM errors.

Quote from: xshat on December 09, 2009, 03:34:49 PMDoesnt anything 3 or higher cause a crash?
That is usually the case - and again I am just making an educated guess here, since I don't have SWBF1 - but there are Sev 3 errors that won't cause crashes. Incidentally, you're fooling around with a unit that requires some specific animations, and missing or bad animations often cause crashes without any error. Since you describe the crash as starting immediately after you use the unit, that's most likely what it is.

In any case it is always best just to remove something and check. If I were a betting man, I'd say your crashing problems are caused by the bad rancor unit.