Nostalgia for SWBF, Tunngle Sucks and Other Stuff

Started by SleepKiller, November 11, 2013, 04:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the post before voting and don't just click something randomly.

Aye
15 (93.8%)
Nay
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 18, 2013, 04:57:18 AM

Yes, we should continue trying to fix openspy and DC mode. Tunngle is too much lag and unreliable.

HMMMMMMMMMMM... we need to tell everyone we can bout this we need to go on GT see if theres anyone there who still plays BF1 and then we can go on Xfire and find people there who had played BF1 and tell them about the DC and SWBF Days
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Hey SK! Remember me? I'm that guy you regret talking too! :P

Your idea sounds great to me! If you (as in anyone) don't know I haven't been able to play SWBFI online ever since the great server purge.

During the OpenSpy months I was able to play with a couple people through DC (the same method SK wants to use now) and I had a blast. I fully support using DC's since that is the only way I can play. And it sounds like I'm not alone.

The community? I don't know what the state of the online community is right now in terms of number of players but most everyone who still plays is on this site. And chances are if you know someone who isn't on this site then tell them about the switch.

I wouldn't mind playing with a just a few people that I know (from this site) rather than 20 people I've never talked to.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 11, 2013, 04:57:18 AM
I've been missing online SWBF lately and I really want to play a good game of it again.
Let's face it, there is no way to leave this awesome community, regardless of whether you play the actual game or not. :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 11, 2013, 12:07:03 PM
Let's face it, there is no way to leave this awesome community, regardless of whether you play the actual game or not. :)
I know right? I can never seem to break away from this place.. It not addicting, but it definitely won't let you go.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 11, 2013, 12:21:29 PM
I know right? I can never seem to break away from this place.. It not addicting, but it definitely won't let you go.

Here, here! Despite how hard I try to leave the community, it's impossible almost. I said I'd be inactive in my away post, and here I am, alive as ever! However, I'm still on break from SWBF, and as a plus, I get a PD day at the end of the month! Meaning I can play on the SWBF Day! :D

Hey SK! Remember me? I'm that guy you regret talking too! :P
You too?

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 11, 2013, 12:53:20 PM
and as a plus, I get a PD day at the end of the month! Meaning I can play on the SWBF Day! :D
PD? is that a teacher workday or as we call it in the states "Happy Mondays", like today for instance but that was for Vets. Day
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 11, 2013, 02:30:08 PM
PD? is that a teacher workday or as we call it in the states "Happy Mondays", like today for instance but that was for Vets. Day

Very much so, a day where teachers work their butts off, and the students get the day off! And today was no day off for us actually, despite it being Remembrance Day for us.

In any case, I'd love for the DC thing to work out! That way I could FINALLY fight against Kit Fisto on SWBF1! :D

I think some of you misunderstood me. To clarify.

I don't want to fix OpenSpy or use it. It still requires a software download which is a hassle and runs the risk of fracturing an already small community.

What I do want to do is get DC's working. They enable Windows and OS X users to play together. And they don't require a software install for anyone but the host.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 11, 2013, 12:21:29 PM
I said I was missing playing the game online, not the site ;) Don't expect me to be properly active again. I just want to play a couple of good matches and make it so people don't have to mess around with Tunngle.

I'll try to investigate the possibility of getting DCs soon. It definitely isn't a priority, real life has to come first.

This place has been fairly tranquil since the ICW3 ended.  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 11, 2013, 08:11:09 PM
I don't want to fix OpenSpy or use it. It still requires a software download which is a hassle and runs the risk of fracturing an already small community.

What I do want to do is get DC's working. They enable Windows and OS X users to play together. And they don't require a software install for anyone but the host.

Ah, now I understand. Regardless though, I would love to see DCs come back again, it would potentially open up the community more. The only thing is we would need Buckler probably to post a list of all the server IPs on the forum, which shouldn't be too much a hassle.