3d Modeling [Work In Progress... forever]

Started by tirpider, June 08, 2013, 04:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What are you gonna do with that model and the engine.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Looks groovy RC.

Is he fully weighted or are you still putting him together?

I fell like I should know what you're making there. But for clarification, what's the model you have there? :confused:

That would be a conversion of the Selkath model from the Star Wars Jedi Academy: Jedi Betrayal mod.

Mod DB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-jedi-betrayal1
Homepage: http://jedibetrayal.com/

November 14, 2013, 08:34:00 PM #109 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:16:12 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: tirpider on November 14, 2013, 05:53:13 PM
Looks groovy RC.

Is he fully weighted or are you still putting him together?
Thanks, been working on him for hours at a time..
I've got most of the weighting done (legs are arms are a bit sketchy, but thats a 15 minute fix), the real hassle was making sure I didn't loose any UV or serious deforms when reducing the triangle/vert count.. I can't tell the difference, and I've reduced his size to fit SWBF now.
--
Things left to do to him:
Add in two triangles that got cut out during reduce (i've fixed over 20 now, with UVmap), weight the arms and legs properly, and final test.
Also, if you ever plan on weighting something from scratch, set the basic weight you want(automatic), and apply animation from BFBuilder shipped common animation to the DummyRoot(or whatever the root is), then you can see what is wrong without testing it ingame, which can take 20+ minutes. You can reset the points weight while it's in animation, and they'll move accordingly (so you can tell when something is stretched, and instantly see it go back to normal). I think animation and weighting is XSI's most stable ally, so to speak.. You don't have to worry too much about wrecking the model.
I will most likely release him next week, or the week after that on a weekday. I haven't been able to mess with stuff as much as I'd like to, but I've got alot of progress on him..
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 14, 2013, 04:20:40 PM
What are you gonna do with that model and the engine.
The engine I'm building is a 3D engine, and then I'll build a few games off of it, I hope to build something that would be like SWBF during the pre-alpha years, and using alot of so called "cut bonuses" like new player models.. I hope to use the Selkath in it as well, but I'll probably end up bumping the model back up to 10k or so, because my engine can handle 10x more than SWBF can already :P
I'd like to not derail the topic, so I'll stop rambling now, hehe..

November 19, 2013, 07:35:55 PM #110 Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:38:14 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Welp, I'm getting the idea that XSI doesn't want me to convert models.. After this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
And the Commandos, It's just gotten worse with bugs..
It would appear that after export, that it scrambles everything from UVs to weight, and evidently deletes verts?..
Starting to get extremely annoyed with crappy software.
-- Gif isn't showing.. How nice.

The bonus car, NFS Titan hotrod:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Very nice, Sereja!
Just imagine what it's like with in-game specular  :tu:

Quote from: Sereja on December 08, 2013, 11:42:51 PM
The bonus car, NFS Titan hotrod:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Now somebody needs to make a Christmas tree! No, not that kind. Like in drag racing.

That car must be from an old NFS game, or a mod for one, I have never seen it. Could you explain a little more about where it's from?

Very nice car. It needs to find its way into a mod ASAP.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Thank's, it's will be shiney, no doubt! :)
Quote from: Wreath27 on December 09, 2013, 11:37:22 AM
That car must be from an old NFS game, or a mod for one, I have never seen it. Could you explain a little more about where it's from?
Yes, it's from the old, Need For Speed: IV High Stakes (1999), for the PS1. Perhaps, the best race game ever :D. Titan, it's the bonus, for contest wins, or, you can just buy it. By the way, it was the first game, I try to mod, with some console slicer device...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

No, the best NFS car is the 2002 Viper from Hot Pursuit 2
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Raindeer on December 09, 2013, 02:46:15 PM
No, the best NFS car is the 2002 Viper from Hot Pursuit 2
AHEM NO,Its actually Lamborghini mercialago police cruiser its the best also NFS version is even better

Some practice models:
[spoiler=Grenade Revamp][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Corellian Hospital][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Baby Grand][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Custom Jet Craft][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Almost done pit droid][/spoiler]

I had one more, but I'm about to release that as an asset here soonish.. So no sneak peaks :P

SM-Hornet 2.0 -- Possibly used in SWFOC project..

Hehe, I see my scribbling in sketchup has inspired you, RC.  ;)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder