Other .msh/.odf based PC games?

Started by Snake, November 27, 2012, 04:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know of other games that are based on an .msh/.odf format like SWBF? I have been looking for a while, with a few confusing leads, but no dice on some mod tools. It would be a great discovery to find a whole mod tool folder full of new models! Could be problems with legality but I doubt it since we aren't selling them or anything. Still, I need some help looking for them!

I think Star Trek: Legacy is a good prospect but I can't find the actual mod tools anywhere. Post your finds!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 27, 2012, 04:48:23 PM #2 Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:06:27 PM by tirpider
The Clone Wars has some msh assets floating around.
(GT Link : Star Wars: The Clone Wars assets)

Don't know about modding (ODF, ect..) though.

The TCW msh files are giant compared to SWBF msh's and the way they implement envelopes is wildly different than SWBF.

Other games use the extension ".msh" but other than TCW, none seem to have the same chunk based structure.

-edit
Some digging reveals that Star Wars Galaxies uses msh files.
I can't imagine they would work in SWBF.
I can't seem to locate any examples.

you should try munging the msh files from different sw games with the swbf1 mod tools just to see what happens.

Kinda related..

3D Object Converter supports a pile of formats.
This list of titles and file extensions that it can open might be a good place to start looking for Dev/Mod/asset kits:
3DOC Supported file formats

There are several .msh ones in there.
I'll gamble that all of them use different structures.

The shady side is making sure it's ok to use thier assets.
Depending on the license, it's something we can't discuss on site.
Some production houses get downright nasty with IP control.
(Don't want any take down notices popping up in our benefactor's inbox.)