Gamespydev response :(

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 12, 2012, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
$30,000 are you kidding?
There is no way it costs that much to host a master server for swbf even for 5 years. That is very bad news but thanks for digging deeper gdh

Yeah Thanks Gdh for spreading the light.... or darkness i should say  :( but still worth knowing for sure if we can bring it back or not. If there is a way are chances are best now than a year from now.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Just for the fact of the server shutdown, I took the liberty of editing the SWBF Wikipedia page, go to gameplay, you will see my edit :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront

It's already been un-edited:
Quote. (Undid revision 523074654 by ___.___.__.___ (talk) -- happens often, and source for the info?)

I think the editor just want a verifiable citation.

teancum edits it.  He basically owns it.  I find the wikis are not friendly to outsiders in general.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Then why the heck do they promote it's the wiki that "anyone can edit"!?  >:(

Could this be because lucasarts is owned by disney now?

Quote from: Buckler on November 14, 2012, 06:51:12 PM
teancum edits it.  He basically owns it.  I find the wikis are not friendly to outsiders in general.
Bah idiots. I'm on it I know how Wikipedia works to some extent. I'll put it back.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 14, 2012, 06:57:47 PM
Bah idiots. I'm on it I know how Wikipedia works to some extent. I'll put it back.

Thank you, SK! :D

It is done I didn't add your sentence in exactly I wrote my own. But it should stay there this time.

November 14, 2012, 07:42:49 PM #102 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:46:21 PM by tirpider
Yey, wiki wars.... :/

Quote. . (23,360 bytes) (-176)‎ . . (Undid revision 523094184 by SleepKiller (talk) --forums cannot be used as sources per WP:RS. Also that forum doesn't specify whether this is permanent. It's likely just a server issue.)

I don't imagine he is going to budge on cited emails from multiple users either.

Might have to contact him directly or start a discussion or talk or whatever they call it on wiki.

We didn't specify whether this was permanent? ... :blink:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: tirpider on November 14, 2012, 07:42:49 PM
Yey, wiki wars.... :/

I don't imagine he is going to budge on cited emails from multiple users either.

Might have to contact him directly or start a discussion or talk or whatever they call it on wiki.

The guys on GT are very knowledgeable.  The problem is, they think they know everything, even for games they don't play anymore :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet