Gamespydev response :(

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 12, 2012, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 12, 2012, 03:15:32 PM #45 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:22:02 PM by Joseph
Quote from: Anyder on November 12, 2012, 03:00:28 PM
How will ppl recruit now ? :(
How will PLA get more members ? (Same for other clans)
They won't; there will be no pool of new players. I think over the last year or so SWBF online had reached a quasi-equilibrium of players leaving and joining. Now that no one will be joining, defeat is imminent.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 12, 2012, 03:14:16 PM
11/7.  A date which will live in infamy.
No, I'm not giving up.
Yes, a sign of madness is repeating what has already been proven to be false/undoable.
But without people who push, there has never been change. I'm sending a physical letter to Lucasarts expressing my displeasure as well as demanding an explanation and a solution.

People, donate money! Lets tell gamespy if you bring the servers back up, you will get loads of money every month!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on November 12, 2012, 03:17:33 PM
People, donate money! Lets tell gamespy if you bring the servers back up, you will get loads of money every month!
Thats a whole lot easier said than done....

Quote from: Josh on November 12, 2012, 03:17:33 PM
I don't think it's an issue of money, I just think that LA doesn't see the point in supporting servers with so few people playing. They're cutting off old games that have gone mostly inactive, and unfortunately that includes SWBF1.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Well, im willing to donate, if others are, even a LITTLE, we could get the servers up. Anything is better than not having swbf online. They dont care how much people play they just want money!

Quote from: Droideka on November 12, 2012, 03:22:21 PM
I don't think it's an issue of money, I just think that LA doesn't see the point in supporting servers with so few people playing. They're cutting off old games that have gone mostly inactive, and unfortunately that includes SWBF1.
they might start to see "the point" if they start seeing a nice check every month or so often

EaW had better have been cut as well otherwise this is plain stupid.

Quote from: Phobos on November 12, 2012, 03:25:36 PM
they might start to see "the point" if they start seeing a nice check every month or so often
Indeed they will Phobos.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Seriously, I don't think a couple of hundred bucks wont be worth their time to process the payment.   We need to move through the stages of grief, and into the "acceptance" stage.

This is a great game, and is still fun for us to play and mod.  Let's make the most of it through the options we have left--which are really pretty good, although not convenient.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Well the one thing i can take from this is that i probably wont have to continue with TcF training! Maybe? I met a lot of great people playing this game but i think that it really was time for this game to go to rest... Who knows maybe in 2014 they will come out with new form of battlefront with the new movie O.o Until then....Gameranger and Tunngle.

Led we can still try...             still...  we can try....          hopefully we can somehow get the server back. Im done giving my opinion. (maybe) I will let you guys pick a way to fix it, whatever way you choose, I will be behind it 9999999%

I think the best we could do would be guilt-tripping them into putting the servers back up for another week, so we can alert the other players to the Tunngle solution. However if they're "obligated" to take the servers down as the person in gdh's post suggested, we're SOL.

Even with the death of battlefront, lets keep the site alive!

If this it really isn't gonna come back then I feel pretty  :censored: stupid. I spen like 2 whole weekends trying to get that port to work and now, I can't use it.  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
If I can host DC's without problems then maybe we can have mod map nights then? But only when I am hosting, cause I would have no way to not play and host.